chapter 10

Angela pov

My gaze kept switching between my mom, my dad, and Nathen. "Uh I can explain!" Yelled Nathen desperately.

"Calm down kid. I may not be happy with my daughter dating but I can respect the fact it's you and not someone else who would only want her for her body." my father explained calmly.

"ARNOLD WHY HAVE YOU BEEN INJURING THE SAME CHILD OVER AND OVER AGAIN?!" demanded Hanzo. His tail swooshing through the air angrily.

"He kept hurt a faunus girl do I decided to step in and teach him to respect others. He didn't listen the first time so I finally pulled his arm out of socket." Arnold explained.

"Awesome how did you pull his arm-" Jesse started before getting smacked by hanzo. "I mean that was very wrong of you. Noble, but wrong." Jesse said hiding his jaw.

"Can we please focus on why we are here?" Reinhardt asked getting everyone's attention.

"Yes thank you Mr. Wilhelm. Now as you all know the vital tournament is coming and I need to ask you for your assistance as I did your parents many years ago." He explained. The only time our parents fought was during the faunus wars. "They have been in service much longer than the faunus wars. I now have a question. What do you know of the 4 maidens?"

Timeskip

Ruby rose pov

'Where is team NAAJ?' i thought as class ended for dr. Ooblecks class. They still hadn't shown up. "That's concerning." I mutter as I see them walk down the hall. Nathen looked deep in thought. Angela seemed startled. Arnold was still acting like his usual self. Jessica was trying get the group to talk. "Hey guys where were you for the entire class?" I asked startling Nathen.

"Oh we were talking to ozpin about a mission we might receive." Nathen said vaguely. Nathen looked over my shoulder at someone. I looked in that direction and saw cardin stand outside the door to the class room. I was confused until Jaune followed after only to be stopped by cardin.

"Yeah I don't have time to do all those extra readings from oobleck. Mind doing them for me? Thank jaune." Cardin then took off. Nathen walked right past me and to jaune who looked sad. He took the page Cardin gave to jaune and examined it.

"Why do you let him do that to you jaune?" Nathen asked.

"Because he'll get me to do it one way or another." Jaune said sadly. Then Nathen did something messed up. He ripped cardin page in half.

"What-" Nathen smiled.

"If he doesn't get good grades he gets kicked out of beacon." I smiled watching this but saw jaune stay sad. 

Jaune then left after his teammates.

Timeskip

Nathen pov.

"So what's the choice team?" I asked my group. We were deciding whether we should join ozpin and follow in our parents foot steps or not.

Arnold was rubbing his chin. "Well the obvious con here is that we can't tell anyone. But a pro is that we will basically be huntsmen." I nodded.

The next up was jessica. "I think we should make our family proud with honor, no matter the cost." 2 yes 0 no.

I looked at Angela. "I think we should. It will help us protect others." I sighed in defeat.

"Joining is the final verdict." I sighed when I heard walking on our ceiling.

"NO!" I heard a voice that sounded close to pyrrha. I motioned for silence and had the window opened so we could hear. "That's not why I brought you up here. I know you're having a difficult time in class, and you're still not the strongest of fighters so I want to help you." I smiled listening.

"What?" Jaune asked comfused.

"We can train up here after class where no one can bother us." She explained.

"You think I need help?" Jaune asked sadly.

"No that's not what I meant."

"But you just said it."

"Everybody needs a little push from time to time, it doesn't make you any different from the rest of us. You made it to beacon jaune that speaks volumes of what your capable of."

"You're wrong." I looked between my teammates no one moved an inch. "I don't belong here."

"That's a terrible thing to say, of course you do."

"NO I DON'T!" Jaune sighed after raising his voice. "I wasn't really accepted into beacon."

"What do you mean?" Pyrrha asked. I already knew.

"I mean I didn't go to combat school, I didn't pass any test, I didn't earn my spot at this academy. I lied." I felt the devastation in his voice. "I got my hand on some fake transcripts and I lied."

"What?" Pyrrha asked shocked. "Why?"

"Because this is what I always wanted to be. My father, my grandfather, and his father before him they were all warriors, they were all heros, I wanted to be one too. I was just never good enough."

"Then let me help y-" she started.

"I DON'T WANT HELP! I DON'T WANT TO BE THE DAMSEL IN DESTRESS! I WANT TO BE THE HERO!" Pyrrha tried cutting in but wasn't able. "I'M TIRED OF BEING THE LOVABLE IDIOT STUCK IN A TREE WHILE HIS FRIENDS FIGHT FOR THERE LIVES! DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND IF I CAN'T DO THIS ON MY OWN, WHAT CHANCE DO I HAVE?! WHAT GOOD AM I?!" That's all we heard besides a but of shuffling. "Just leave me alone okay?"

"If that's what you think is best." I felt my heart fall a bit. I then heard a familiar laugh.

"Oh jaune." Cardin laughed. I forgot his room is right next to ours.

"Your arm how did it heal so fast?" Jaune asked.

"I have my ways but you wow!" He laughed. "I couldn't help but overhear your tune from my Window. So snuck into beacon huh? Gotta say jaune never expected you to be such a rebel."

"Please cardin please don't tell anyone." Jaune begged. I didn't like where this was going.

"Jaune please come on I'd never rat on a friend like that."

"A-a friend?"

"Of course were friends now jauny boy." I could hear jaune choking. "And the way I see it is as long as your there for me, we'll be friends for a long time. That being said I really don't have time to do anything homework related so could you get started on that?  That's what I thought." I heard the footsteps retreating. "Don't worry jaune, your secrets safe with me." I motioned for the window to be shut.

"New meeting guys. Situation on jaune. What should we do?" I asked looking at everyone.

"He cheated his way into beacon?!" Jessica said conflicted. "He wanted to bring honor but....."

Arnold ran a hand through his hair. "I say we bury cardin and his teammates in the ocean so they can never speak again." I glared at him.

"I think we should talk to him about it. Jaune can give us the full story just not what we heard." Angela suggested.

"Maybe we should do nothing." I say. "I mean were not responsible for the actions of one student. If he needs help I will glad aid him but if not then there's nothing we can do." I sigh. Let's vote.

After the vote was done my decision won. "Good night." My team and I say in unison and fall asleep.