chapter 8

No one pov.

Weiss stood there with her Myrtenaster pointed at the caged boar tusk. "Go weiss. Fight well. Yeah represent team Rwby." These cheers were coming From weiss team. She got a glare when ruby cheered her on.

"Ruby I'm trying to focus." She glared at Ruby. Nathen raised an eyebrow as he leaned on the desk.

"Now let the battle begin." Professor port slashed through the lock holding the boar tusk. The grimm instantly charged weiss making her jump to the slide for a slash. The boar tusk turned sharply and glared at weiss. "Haha wasn't expecting that were you?" Port taunted.

"Hang in there weiss." Ruby said trying to encourage her teammate only to be ignored. "Come on you can do this." Ruby cheered again only for this time to have her get angry making her lose her grip on her weapon allowing the boar tusk to throw it away. Weiss let the boar tusk charge her and she side rolled out of the way and slide for her weapon. "Weiss go for the stomach. It has no armor there!" Ruby adviced.

"STOP TELLING ME WHAT TO DO!" Weiss yelled at ruby. The boar tusk then started to do a weird spin rolling attack at weiss. At the last possible moment weiss summoned a glyph making the boat tusk crash into it. She then jumped on to its stomach and stabbed it. The blow killed the boar tusk. Professor port started to congratulate her.

"Nathen now you. But this time a different creature." Port said as a new cage appeared. Nathen smirked and looked at angela.

"Any advice shout it out okay Angie?" He called up to her. She nodded and smiled. "Let him out." Nathen said. Port smirked as he opened the cage to reveal a Griffon. Nathens face dropped. "Is the universe trying to tell me something?" The griffon then charged. Nathen got ready to swung his hammer only to find the Griffon stop a few feet away. It stared right at him as if studding him. I took cautious steps around him. Nathen followed the grimm. Everytime it completed a step it got closer. When it was finally close enough it stuck it's head forward to smell him only to be met with a hammer down on its head knocking it out. "Port can you put this one back in the cage? I would like to study it and find out why it didn't attack." Professor nodded and did so.

"Congrats to both of you. It seems we are in the presence of true hunters, and huntress in training. I'm afraid that's all the time we have for today. Be sure to cover the assigned readings and remain vigilant." Port said dismissing everyone. "Nathen can I speak with you?" He asked him after everyone left. "So you have any idea as to why those type of grimm don't attack you?" Nathen shook his head no.

"If I did I wouldn't be trying to study it now would i?" Port chuckled and left nathen alone with the grimm. He looked between the bars and saw glowing red eyes stare into his soul. "Why aren't you attacking me huh?" Nathen asked aloud not hearing his teammates. He walked towards the cage. The griffon never moved. Nathen then got an idea. He rolled up his sleeve and slowly stuck it in between the bars of the cage and stared to pet the creature. The grimm didn't get hostile. Instead it let nathen pet him. "Huh why are you allowing this?" He asked the creature only to have it nibble playfully on his hand not even hurting him. Angela watched afraid to inturrept incase the bird turned hostile at a new person. Arnold was thinking about how long it will take to shoot the Griffon and save his arm. Jessica was watching with great interest. "Hmm time for more testing but tomorrow." Nathen said pulling his arm back out only for the grimm to let out a sad whine. "Hey don't worry I'll be back when I can girl." It seemed to calm down and fall asleep. Nathen smirked and turned around to see his teammates staring in aw. "I can explain."

Arnold pov.

"Partner I'm sorry but 2 semblance? I find that hard to believe." I say standing up while walking around the room trying to process this. It was the middle of the night. Yet here we are trying to figure out what the he'll happened.

"I have always had a tiny connection with grimm when I was at least 5 before Reinhardt took me in." Nathen started to explain. "I was walking in the forest one day and found a baby grimm egg. Full of curiosity I took it home with me. I was abandoned at the age of 4. I set it in my 'home' and covered it with blankets. A day later a baby grimm Griffon popped out and bonded with me." Nathen said finishing his story.

"But why did the one in the classroom not attack you?" Angela asked.

"Yeah I agree." I added. My sister only nodded.

"Maybe it sensed my bond with one of its own and thought I was family?" Je suggested. "We can talk about this tomorrow. Let's go to ged." I sighed and got in bed. "Good night team." Nathen called.

"Good night." Angela replied happily. I already knew she was going to have another dream about Nathen.

"Good night leader." Jessica responded. She was already asleep.

"Night friend." I said and closed my eyes.