Chapter 1

Isabella's POV
I woke up with a groan. I opened my eyes and looked around. I was at the edge of the woods where I had died to save my baby brother. I looked at a thing that was all to familiar. The 'Welcome to Mystic Falls' sign. I sigh and walk into town. It was night time but I could see everything. I walked about half a mile til I saw the town square. But no one was in sight.
"Hello!!!! Is anyone here!!!!" I yell for what feels like hours.
I fall to ground from being killed and all. I look around and saw the Mystic Grill.
"Alcohol, thank god," I sigh with relief.
I heard a chuckle behind me and I vamp speed around with my hybrid face out. There was a boy. He was chuckling and had a boyish smile. He had dark brown almost black hair with the most gorgeous pair of blue-gray eyes ever.
"Who the bloody hell are you?" I ask.
"Did you just say bloody hell?" he asks with a smile.
"Yup. I'm a good friend of the originals. But you probably don't know who they are," I say narrowing my eyes at him.
"Manners right, Hi I'm Kai...Kai Parker," he said holding out his hand.
I looked at his hand as I said, "I'm Isabella Salvatore."
I slowly took his hand and shook it. He had a shocked expression on his face.
"What are you?" he suddenly asked.
I smirked as I replied, "I'm a vampire, werewolf, and witch, a tribrid. But the question is what are you?"
"I'm a type of witch," he said quietly studying me.
"You mean a siphoner," I say simply.
He looks shocked and I smile.
"I saw it when I shook your hand. Come on get a drink with me, kid," I said and walked to the grill knowing he would follow me for answers.
I walked behind the bar and grabbed the bourbon. I took a huge drank from the bottle. I smiled as I saw Kai looking at me.
"How are you a werewolf, vampire, and witch at the same time?" he questions.
I roll my eyes at his eagerness.
"When I was human almost 200 years ago I had a werewolf father but he didn't know and my mother was a witch. When I was killed the first time my I had vampire blood in my system. I died a year before my baby brother and big brother. But when I was turned  I didn't lose my magic or my werewolf side. They just stayed. I was beat to death by the man I loved. My friend Niklaus saved me just in time. But with consequences, the urge for blood constantly. Never dying, watching loved ones die," I say softly.
I looked down at the bar and the bottle in my hand shattered. I looked at my hand and saw blood everywhere. I sighed and started to clean my hand. I noticed Kai staring at me.
"What?" I said more rudely than I planned on.
"The man you loved beat you to death?" he said it as if it was a question.
"Yes. But he's dead. I killed him after I turned. I beat him to death like he did me. But he didn't have vampire blood to save him. May he rest in hell," I said.
I went to the sink and washed my hands as they healed.
"How does that work?" Kai asked from behind.
"How does what work?" I ask.
"Your hands they were all cut up and know their healed. How does that work?" He says again.
"I don't know. That's a million dollar question," I say drying my hands.
I stopped and looked at him. He looked back with something in his eyes that I couldn't place.
"Do you have any magic in you?" I asked him curiously.
He shakes his head and I sigh. I held my hand out for him.
He looked at my hand and asked, "What?"
"Take some," I said simply.
He looked at me and I nodded. He took my hand gently and his hands started to glow orange, then pain struck. I screamed in pain as the magic left me. Kai felt my pain and stopped. I was on the ground breathing heavily. He held his hand out and I took it.
"What is this place?" I asked him as he pulled me off the ground.
"Its a prison world. My own personal hell technically. What did you do to end up here?" he asked me as he got us drinks.
"I saved my baby brothers life, then got staked through the heart. What about you?" I asked.
"I killed my siblings," he said quietly.
"Neat," I said coldly.
"So how old are you?" he asked me the question men should never ask a women.
"You really don't know how to talk to women do you? You don't just ask women what their age is. That's basically a suicide mission," I said explaining it to him.
"I'm just curious," he replied.
"I'm in my 170's but that's you get. Know how old are you?" I questioned him.
"Let's see I was 22 when I was put in here and it's been about 18 years so I'm 40 years old," he said as he added up the days or well years.
"Wait did you just say 18 years?" I asked.
He nodded.
"With out talking to anyone?" I asked again.
"Yup your are the first living -sorta- person that I've seen in 18 years. And I gotta say you have really pretty eyes," he says staring at my eyes.
I raise an eyebrow at him. I smiled as I watch him look away when my eyes turned gold.
"Like my eyes now, Kai," I asked smirking at him and laughed.
"Why are they gold?" he curiously asked.
"My werewolf side," I said simply.
"That's so awesome," he replied watching as my eyes went back to their green shade.
I looked at his eyes and thought 'Damn this guy's hot and has gorgeous eyes' I thought to myself as I read his mind. 'Wow this girl is amazing, gorgeous, and has amazing eyes' he thought.