Chapter 2

Malachai's POV
She was gorgeous. How can I even pay attention to what she's saying. My eyes keep flickering to her lips and back to her eyes. She notices and smiles at me.
"My eyes are up Kai. Not on my lips," she says simply pointing to her eyes.
I blushed slightly and licked my lips.
"I'm not doing anything, gorgeous," I reply.
She rolls her eyes and stands up. My eyes follow her as she walks behind the bar to me. She gets close to me and looks at me.
"See ya' later, Kai," she says and walks to the door.
"Where are you going, Izzy," I ask following her.
"Izzy?" she questions looking behind her shoulder.
"Isabella is to formal. I like Izzy better," I reply.
She shrugs and says, "I'm going to the boarding house. You're welcome to come with if you'd like."
"Okay I'll come. Only because you're begging me to," I say wrapping an arm around her shoulders.
"Get your arm off of my shoulders or I'll brake it. Do you want a broken arm or what Kai?" she asks.
I pull my arm off of her quickly. She smirks and walks away. I run after her and walk beside her. She's grabs my hand and intertwined our fingers. I pull her closer and she laughs as I grin. She continues walking holding my hand. We walk in silence and it's not awkward either, it's peaceful. I see the boarding house coming into view. I tighten my hand around hers. She stopped and looked at me. She looked into my eyes with her perfect green ones. She smiled slightly and pulled her hand away. With a blink of an eye she was gone. I saw the door open when I go to the house. I grinned and walked inside.
"Izzy, come out come out where ever you are," I sing sang as I walked through the house.
Wind blew past me and I was shoved up against the wall. I looked down to see Izzy standing there with her hand around my throat.
"Hey Hot Stuff, you want to put me down?" I ask.
She grins as she sets me carefully down on the ground.
"Kai," she says.
"Hmm," I hum in response.
"Ever call me Hot Stuff again. I'll kill you," she says with venom in her voice.
I held my hands up in surrender. She smiles and walks off. I follow her into the kitchen. She has the fridge open.
"What year is it here?" she asks curiously.
"May 10, 1994," I reply jumping onto the counter.
"Damn it, my nephew Zack had nothing in here back then," she said slamming the fridge shut.
"So tell me about yourself Kai," she said calmly looking through the cabinets.
"Well I have a twin sister. I killed four of my siblings and I have 2 younger siblings still alive. I'm old," I said as she pulled something out of the cabinets.
She had pork rinds in her hand. I tried to snatch them from her but she pulled them out of my reach.
"And lastly I love pork rinds!" I exclaimed.
She opened them and held them out to me. I pulled one out and popped it I to my mouth. She did the same while walking out of the kitchen. I jumped off the counter and followed her. She was sitting on the couch and I sat down beside her. I snatched the bag from her hand. She punched my arm.
"Oww that's not fair you're hybrid witch thingy. You're a lot stronger than me," I whined as she laughed.
"You're such a crybaby Kai. Give me my food or I will drain you of your blood," she said sharply.
My eyes widen as I stare at her her eyes turned gold and her teeth sharpened. I quickly handed over the pork rinds. Izzy smirked but gladly took them back. She went to kiss my cheek but I turned my head and captured her lips. She pulled away and hit me. I smiled at her while she glared at me.
"What?" I asked.
Her eyes turned gold. I looked at her.
"Wait be reasonable about this," I tried to reason with her.
She shook her head and leaned towards my neck. She got close to my neck. I couldn't move since I was surprisingly afraid. She grabbed my neck and pulled me closer. Her teeth sank into my neck. I didn't scream since I knew she wouldn't kill me. She pulled away and bit her wrist. She held it out to me.
"Drank," she said simply.
I took her wrist and put it in my mouth. I drank her blood and quickly pulled away.
I made a face and she laughed saying, "Bloods not bad. It's really good."
"Ugh that's nasty," I say.
"I'm a third vampire. I have to drank it to survive. You're just gonna have to get over it kid," she said before eating a pork rind.
"Why'd you make me drank your blood?" I asked curiosity getting to me.
"To heal your neck. Where I bit you," she said offering me the bag.
I gladly took one.
"Now if you ever kiss me again. I won't stop until you're bone dry. Just warning you," she said.
"Okay okay I won't unless you kiss me first," I reply.
She gives me a look that says okay. I smile at her putting my arm around her shoulders. She grabbed the remote and turned it on. 'Bay watchers' was on she was about to change the channel.
"No wait," I begged and grabbed the remote.
She turned her head and glared at me. She rolled her eyes but turned back to the TV. I smiled and pulled her closer to me. She pulled away and turned. She laid down and put her head in my lap. I played with her hair. She was watching 'Bay watchers' when I decided to take a risk. I leaned down and she looked at me. She raised an eyebrow at me.