4

Chapter four

I finally got out of the tub without having much of my body being shown off. Next to the sink, Karen laid out clothing that I was to wear. She disposed of my original t-shirt and jeans but let me keep my undergarments.

I faced the corner and slid on my underwear and then my bra. Even though I was turned around, I could feel Luke's eyes on me.

The water splashed around and I heard wet foot steps make way toward me.

He pushed my hair away from my shoulder and breathed warm air into my neck which made my body shiver. I gulped.

"You're so beautiful." He told me.

I reached down and picked my jump suit off of the floor. Quickly, I stepped into the legs and pulled it over my body. It was simple and all grey, like the rest of the hospital. It was a short sleeve and long legged suit that had an elastic waste and a zipper at the top. I left the zipper open which showed just the right amount of cleavage. The uniforms were hideous, but I didn't mind.

I turned around and stared Luke in the eyes. His eyes were truly beautiful. They were so blue and they made the ocean seem like nothing.

"I've seen dicks bigger than yours." I sent him a smile and turned to walk away out of the wash room.

I ran my fingers through my damp locks and met Karen outside. To be honest, I was surprised she waited for me. I'm not really use to people waiting for me. I smiled when I heard Luke laughing. God, was he hot.

"Do you feel refreshed?" She asked.

I nodded.

"Follow me and I'll show you your room." She started walking down the hallway and I followed her with no hesitation.

I prayed that she wouldn't, but she turned into the dreaded corridor lined with steel doors. We continued until the second door in.

I watched Karen reach down and pull out a ring of keys. She chose one and shoved it into the lock, twisting the lock until the door opened.

"This is your room," she told me. "you share it with Amethyst May, but she's in the multipurpose room as of right now so you have some time to rest. Sweet dreams, Alaska."

She gave me a small push into the darkness and I stumbled in as the door slammed shut behind me.

"Fuck," I mumbled, trying to find my way around the musty room.

I reached my hand up and felt a chain, so I pulled it. A light turned on which gave me a better opportunity to see the room I would be staying in.

The walls and floors were concrete, grey of course. There were two beds on each side of the room each with a thin blanket and pillow. I felt closed in and claustrophobic being in that small room. The air was thin and it soon became hard to breath. There was no source of air. No window. No toilet. Just two beds and a light.

I fell onto one of the beds and let out a deep sigh. It was hard and I would probably be more comfortable on a rock. Every time I altered my position, the bed squeaked and rattled. After deciding on laying on my right side, I closed my eyes and let the darkness take over.

I didn't remember waking up, but somehow I was out of the hospital and in a field full of flowers.

I smiled and bent down, picking a daisy out of the ground.

"He loves me, he loves me not." I picked each petal off one by one. "He loves me, he loves me not." I picked them all off until their was one left.

"He loves me not." I finished, as a sigh escapes from my swollen lips.

I watched the petal slowly sink to the ground.

I screamed.

I was no longer in a beautiful flower patch. The flowers were history and were replaces with crows. Loud, ugly crows.

They were flying at me, hitting me and pecking at my fragile skin. I attempted to take cover, but there were so many birds. It was like a rain shower, except black crows were falling from the sky causing havoc.

I ducked as a bird flew towards my face and fortunately it missed me by a hair.

"This isn't real," I repeated to myself. "It's just a dream, Alaska. You'll wake up soon. It's just a dream."

But I couldn't come to conclusion as to how a dream felt so real. Not once have I had a nightmare so vivid before, which made this seem so much like reality.

I squeezed my eyes shut and let out a deep sigh of air.

The movement around me became still. I opened my eyes to see no more evil birds; however, the sky's were beginning to turn grey. Dark clouds soon shielded the blue sky and I felt a drop land on my cheek. The rain was warm.

Only when it started to downpour that I realized it wasn't just ordinary rain, it was blood.

My eyes shot open and I was gasping for air. Sweat was lingering on my for head and I stripped off the thin blanket that was covering my petite body.

I stood up from the bed and cringed at the creaking noise it made. Once I got to the door, I searched for a knob or handle of some sorts but found nothing.

"They don't let us out," a voice spoke up. I jumped and jerked my head towards the other bed. "think we'll kill somebody or somethin'. I think that's a pile of bullshit though. Yeah, I'm crazy but I'm also a fucking human, you know?" She rolled her eyes and stood up, extending her hand towards me. "I'm Amethyst May. You can call me Amethyst or Ameth or Am, whatever you're feeling."

I watched her and didn't say a word. She stood a few inches over me and was talk and slim. Her hair was in loose golden curls, sort of like mine, and her eyes were chocolate brown. On her face was a normal sized nose and thin lips. She was attractive.

"Do you talk?" She inquired. "You've gotta talk."

"Alaska," I finally spoke. "my names Alaska."

"Isn't that a country?" She shook her head a little. "You're American, aren't you?" I noticed her strong Australian accent that sounded so foreign to my ears. "That must he pretty cool."

"Yeah." My head was spinning. This chick was talking a lot and I didn't like it one bit.

"You were screaming in your sleep. Did you have a nightmare?"

"Why do you care?" I spat.

"Well," she said. "I care because we're going to be great friends in the future."

"And how do you know that?"

"My friends told me. They sort of do that kind of stuff, you know? I can depend on them and they said you and I are going to be great friends."

"Is that why you're here? Because voices in your head?"

She shook her head and released a small laugh. "I'm afraid not, Alaska. Doctors say that I have a sixth sense, whatever that means. They say that I see imaginary people, which isn't true. It's not imaginary if I see them, right? They're here with me and I talk to them and they talk back. I try not to think of it as being an illness, but more of a gift."

"You seem to be pretty chill being here."

She shrugged. "I've been called crazy my whole life, but truth be told being crazy is my lifestyle. Just because I'm different doesn't mean something is wrong with me."

A/N: sorry this chapter is ugly but it's 3am ily all please comment and vote :))