11

Chapter eleven

LUKE'S P.O.V

Alaska's lips were chapped and lingering with the taste of minty toothpaste. I pushed a loose strand of her golden hair behind her ear and kissed her softly. I longed for her lips on mine all day. I could get high of her lips and they can transport me to a world with just her and I. When we kissed, I tried my hardest not to take things to far. I just met this girl a few days ago and I didn't want things to escalate too quickly. But damn do I like her.

As cliché as it sounds, she was my only source of sanity. I've been in this asylum for over two years and nothing had come to make me even a bit close to being better. But now that Alaska is here, I can't help but see hope in my future. Not just for me, but for both of us.

What's not to like about her? She's beautiful, for starters. Her long wavy hair cascades down her back like a golden waterfall. She had a pair of large brown eyes that made her look like a lost puppy. Her beauty definitely showed, but her heart was something I was pretty sure I liked.

Alaska was crazy, or so they say. But to me, she is a perfectly normal girl who just needs to find herself, and I want to be the one to help her find herself.

I'm pretty sure I like her, as crazy as it sounds. How can you like somebody in less than a week? Maybe it's just my lack of any female roles in my life or the fact that she was the first person I kissed in three years, but I was sure I liked her.

She was the first person I opened up to about my parents. I didn't even tell the doctors the whole story, which annoyed the shit out of them. There was something about Alaska that I trusted. Maybe it was her innocents or that she was a newbie in the asylum, or that she was the only person who seemed to care. Whatever it was, I trusted her and I wanted her to trust me too.

I pulled away from our kiss gasping for air. I couldn't see her, but I knew she was smiling just as much as I am. With her, I've been smiling and laughing more than I have in years and I hope she notices that.

She seems eager to do the dirty with me, but I have no interest in doing so. I want to get to know her more than I do and I don't want to take advantage of her. The taste of her lips is enough to send me to the moon and back.

I pulled Alaska closer to me and wrapped my arms around her small frame. She rested her head on my shoulder and I placed a kiss on her temple. She smelt so good, I thought. It wasn't a musty gross smell like the other people in this place, but she smelt sweet like roses.

"Thank you, Alaska." I whispered into her ear and placed a few kisses here and there.

"For what?" She inquired. A yawn escaped from her mouth and I could tell she was getting tired.

"For being my sanctuary."

When soft snores left her mouth I knew she was fast asleep. I couldn't help but wonder if she heard what I said, but maybe it was better if she hadn't. I didn't want to seem needy, but then again I am needy. I needed Alaska to save me and she needed me to save her; we needed each other.

I closed my eyes and let sleep take over, and for the first time in a long time I didn't have a nightmare about my parents.

-

My eyes fluttered open to see Alaska rolled up cuddled into my side. I wondered how she was still sleeping seeing as if the sun was shining through the small window, but maybe she was a heavy sleeper.

I examined her as she slept. She was beautiful in every way possible. Her swollen eye lids were closed tight and her long eyelashes were still. Alaska's lips were slightly parted and rosy pink. She looked like an angel when she slept. Her hair was messy and she probably needed to run a brush through it, but it still managed to look absolutely breathtaking.I played with her hair as she slept in attempt to get rid of the snarls.

A weird gargle noise left her mouth, but she was still cute as fuck. I wanted so desperately to stay in this position forever with Alaska. If giving the option, I would decide to stay in this dark cell with her rather than going back to the mental ward.

"She's a keeper, Luke." I turned towards the person who was speaking to me; my mother.

"You're not real." I told her. "Go away."

She locked eyes with me before sending me her uplifting smile before leaving.

Alaska's eye slowly opened and she yawned. "Who are you," she yawned. "talking to?"

"My mum." I replied, pushing the hair out of her face.

"But your mom -" she lost her words.

"Sometimes I see them." I shrugged. "But then I say go away and they just sorta do."

"I wish I could do that. If I did that, maybe I wouldn't be here." I could tell she was disappointed. But in all honesty, if she wasn't here then we would never have met.

"Try." I simply told her.

"Go away." She said with a soft tone. "They're still here."

"Be more stern."

"Go away." She ordered, this time her voice more loud.

I gave her an encouraging smile only to receive a now crying Alaska. I took her into my embrace and let her cry her heart out.

"I want to he normal, Luke. I don't want to live like this!" She bawled. "I don't even have control of my own life anymore."

I kissed her temple and played with her hair in attempt to comfort her. "Sunshine, only you can control your life."

"No! I don't control my life! If I did, I wouldn't be here in this stupid place living like a fucking dog!" She was crying hard now. "I'm sick of this. I'm tired."

"You saved me, it's time for me to save you."

A/N:

I really like writing as luke omg
I could have made this chapter go oh forever but I think this is a good place to stop. But aye the update was quick ;)
COMMENT and VOTE and buy me pizza

It would be //SO// cool if you guys made some covers and banners for this story :)

I love you all!!!!!

Have a wicked Fourth of July my americans and if you're not american have a wicked week

Sam