18

Chapter 18

"Are you fucking crazy?"

"Yeah, I guess so." Luke replied casually to the lilac hair boy who I've never seen.

He, like Luke, had a piercing; however, his was on his eyebrow. He was tall, but not as tall as my Luke, and had shaggy hair that was a light shade of purple. He spoke with a low monotone that changed in pitch when he raised his voice. As of right now, him and Luke were talking, or arguing.

"You promised you'd help me, Michael." Luke wasn't snapping and his voice sounded calmer than I imagined it to be.

"I know," Michael sighed. "fuck man, I know. It's just- when I offered to help, I didn't think you'd want my help as a wanted man who's planning on ditching Australia and going god knows where. Hey, where are you even going?"

"Neverland." I replied simply.

Michael eyed me up and down and laughed. "You should have kept here there a little longer, Luke."

"Lay off her, Mikey. You don't know a thing about her."

"I know that she was in a mental hospital. Isn't that enough?" Michael took out a key chain and opened the door to his flat.

After he let Luke and I in, he disappeared somewhere in his cluttered house.

"I'll be back in a second, sunshine." Luke told me before he left me alone in the somewhat living room.

I removed a dirty shirt off the couch and took a seat. My hands found my lap as I played with my fingers to pass time. The house was silent for the most part except the constant sound of a clock ticking somewhere. The faint smell of my house still lingered on my clothing. I wonder how my mother and father are doing. Actually, I don't care.

It was Michael who appeared in front of me first. He held a camera and pointed it at me. "Smile." He stated, and barely gave me enough time to smile before he snapped the picture.

Before I could object, he disappeared. Once again, I was left alone.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

It felt like forever until Luke and Michael came back into the living room. Michael had a black backpack slung over his shoulder and a card in his hand which he then handed to me. It was a passport, or a fake one.

Luke was wearing different clothes and fuck, he looked hot. The black skinny jeans he was wearing made his legs look much longer than they were and he had on a white shirt that said Nirvana on it with a a red plaid flannel that hung loose over. Luke's hair was groomed in a way that I have never seen before and he looked more put together than he did in the asylum.

He must have noticed me staring at him because he sent me a wink.

"Everything you'll need is in here." Michael said. "Passports, plane tickets, money, etcetera."

"I can't thank you enough, mate." Luke told Michael, giving him one of those weird guy hugs. "Tell Ashton and Calum I said hey, okay?"

"Alright, I will."

"Thank you." I told him, standing up from the couch and moving next to Luke. He wrapped his arm around my body and placed a soft kiss on my temple.

"Keep him out of trouble." Michael told me. He handed the backpack over to Luke.

I laughed. "Of course."

We left Michael's small apartment and called a cab to get to the airport. The ride was silent and the only sound audible was the heavy breathing of the driver. Luke was tapping his thumbs on his legs and I was looking out the window watching the scenery as the car drove by. The silence was uncomfortable for me, but I didn't know what to say. Luke must have noticed now uncomfortable I was, because he placed his hand on my leg and rubbed assuring circles with his thumb.

It was bright outside. The sun was just rising and the sky melted into different shades of pink, purple, and orange. It looked like a painting and I seemed to be mesmerized by it.

Back in Massachusetts, I would always watch the sun rise. It's the one thing I could look forward to every day and I loved it. I'd stay up all night listening to the Arctic Monkeys and counting down the minutes until the sun would rise. Usually i'd try to capture all of the colors in my sketch pad with oil paint, but it never came our as beautiful as the scenery that I watched.

As I watch the sunrise now, I'm thinking if watching the sunrise then. I've changed in the past few weeks I've been in Australia. Now, I know who I am and I'm learning how to depend on myself rather than crazy voices in my head. They're not real, it's just my imagination.

Keep telling yourself that, Alaska. We are real.

Luke paid the driver with money Michael must have given him and got out of the car. The airport looked the same as the last time I was here. Even this early in the morning it was booming with people, but I guess flights usually take off sooner than later.

"Ma'am," the driver said. "please get out."

Luke opened the door before I could and took my hand, leading me out of the car. The air was a bit chilly and I wished I had a jacket with me.

"Here," Luke took off his flannel and draped it over my shoulders.

"Thanks."

We walked hand in hand toward the airport.

Toward our future.

Toward Neverland.

A/N:

I didn't realize it's been like a month since I updated sorryz

this is the shortest chapter I've ever written bye

I think the next chapter will be the last please don't eat me

love you

I'm making pizza

stay young,

sam