17

Chapter 17

LUKE'S P.O.V

My roommate, Cole, was sleeping. I don't blame him seeing as it was around one in the morning. The keys that I stole from the brilliant (note the sarcasm) security guy jingled as I tossed them into the air repeatedly in attempt to pass time.

I heard heavy boots walk down the hallway and I knew that my plan was about to take action. The guards never stayed up past two in the morning. It was surprisingly silent here at night. With the amount of sleeping drugs they give us, it should be.

I took one final look back at Cole before opening the door and entering the hallway. I would miss him. He was the only friend I really had here and I would miss him a bit.

Fortunately, all of the hallways I turned were deserted. Maybe after all Alaska and I could make it out of here.

I put the key into the door knob and twisted until the door unlocked. Quickly, I grabbed some clothes that looked like they'd fit Alaska and I.

When we get out of here I'll get us some money, clothes and other necessities we will need to start our new life. My best friend, Michael, said he would help me out if I ever needed anything. That's why I'm calling him as soon as I get out of here.

The clothes I'm gathering now are just so people on the streets won't suspect everything. All of the small things like this will make a difference, so I'm doing everything I can to make it perfect.

Once I had the clothes, I found a plastic bag, placed them in it, and then went to get Alaska.

This place looked so much more different in the night. It looked a bit creepy like a place you would see in a horror movie. During the day it's bursting with life (not in a good way, but more in a miserable "get me out of this looney bin" way where the term bursting with life means complete havoc). The grey walls and grey floors were polished to a shine and I could see my reflection in the floor as I walked down the empty halls. It was too silent, way too silent. So silent that I could faintly hear my own breathing as I made my way to Alaska's room.

ALASKA'S P.O.V

I heard a scratching on the metal door and waited for Luke to enter. The key rattled in the lock and when I heard a click I knew Luke was in. The door slid open with ease and Luke entered.

"Hey, girlfriend." He greeted me, tossing me a plastic bag.

"What is this?" I opened the bag and took the clothes in my hand.

"Put them on. I'm not sure if they'll fit. I just grabbed something I thought would fit you." Luke too had clothing he was about to put on. He stripped of his jump suite and damn was he fit. "You're drooling, babe."

I snapped back to reality and grabbed the clothing form the bang and smiled.

"These were mine." I said, holding the light ripped skinny jeans and black v neck in my hand. "I came here with them."

"Well, then they will fit." Luke had a baggy University of Sydney sweat shirt and sweat pants that were far to big.

Once we were both set, we left through the door and continued quietly down the hallway. The asylum looked so much different at night. It was spooky kind of and looked abandoned.

Luke took my hand in his and rubbed circled into the back of my hand with his thumb as we walked down the hall. He claimed he had this mastermind plan that would get us out of here, but I'm not so sure I believe that. This place seems smarter than that. Everyone who works here is extremely strict and watched every move we make, so I don't see how we can get out. Then again, we've made it this far.

"Don't doubt me." Luke whispered. His small voice echoed through the hall, that's how quiet it was.

"Never." I teased.

We arrived at the familiar door which I've only been to once before. Luke took out a key ring and flipped it around before trying various keys in the lock of the door. It seemed like forever was passing by, but eventually he found the right key. The lock clicked when it opened and at that moment, it was the most precious sound in the world.

The back yard looked different at night. It was pitch black but I could still make out the bench Luke and I sat on earlier in the day.

"We're out!" I cheered.

"Not so fast, sunshine. We still have a little to go."

He led me through the small woods and to a wired fence. I felt like I was a dog and this asylum was a cage. I didn't like it, and I was so happy we were getting out. The outside world looked so much more exciting. There was a road with car headlights flying by and I could make out some buildings in the distance.

We were really doing this. We were really escaping.

However, lights turned on and killed my good vibes.

"Shit." Luke muttered.

He ran along the fence as if he was looking for something.

Then he disappeared.

"Who's out there?" Someone called from the back door.

"Luke?" I whispered. Fear was running through my body and I was shaking like crazy. If we didn't escape, the consequences would be horrible and I was not ready to experience that.

"Alaska," he said, but I couldn't make him out. "over here."

I followed his voice and saw him on the other side of the fence. There was a small hole at the bottom, which I crawled through.

Luke and I ran hand in hand. We ran from the pain, the suffering, the medication, the horrible food and shared bathrooms. We ran from the people who judged us and held titles on us that were not true. We ran from or past and ran toward our future.

We were out.

A/N: this chapter is actually complete shit I am sorry. I wrote it up in like an hour I'm wicked tired but that's no excuse shame on u sam

comment :))))

stay young,

sam