9

Chapter nine

"Good evening, sunshine." Luke appeared in front of me wearing a large smile.

"Sunshine?" I spat.

"Sunshine." He repeated, laughing casually to himself. "You look like sunshine."

"How do I look like sunshine?" I inquired.

"Your hair looks like the sun should." He shrugged. "So I'm going to start calling you sunshine."

I admired the boy in front of me and smiled. The grey jumpsuit that we are required to wear was unzipped in the front and below he was wearing a black v neck that hugged his body nicely, showing off his muscles. His hair looked like he had just got out of bed, but it was perfect. Luke's ocean like orbs scanned me and he bit his lip making his ring disappear behind his pink lips.

"O-okay."

Luke chuckled and took a seat next to me on the torn up couch. He scanned my drawing which only consisted of an outline and two half drawn eyes. He smiled and most likely knew it was him.

He breathed into my neck before placing a single wet kiss on my neck. I gulped and squinted my eyes shut, which made Luke laugh.

"Do I make you nervous, sunshine?"

I bit my lip and looked him in his eyes. My big brown eyes were nothing compared to his. "You've got nice eyes." I blurted.

"I'll take that as a yes then." He smirked. "You know, your eyes aren't that bad either, sunshine. You're the sun in this rainy shit hole we're in."

I gasped. "Are you flirting with me?"

He laughed quietly to himself. "Why? Do you want me to? Because I could pin you down on this couch right now an-"

He was cut off by a tall blonde with her hair in a tight bun. She looked angry, but maybe it was her time of the month.

"Luke Hemmings." She repeated. Luke's eyes scanned up to hers and he raised an eyebrow. "You missed your kitchen duty."

"So?"

"That's the third time this week. If you don't start doing your duty you're going to visit the cell. You wouldn't want that again, now would you?" A smirk played on her lips and she knew she that she would most likely win this battle.

I wondered what the cell was, but I pushed my thought aside and continued to listen to their conversation.

Luke cursed under his breath be muttered something I couldn't quite understand.

"Now, Hemmings." She ordered.

"I'll only work the kitchen with Alaska." He told her.

I was shocked not because he wanted to work with me, but because he said my name. My name sounded so different coming from his lips. His thick Australian accent made the English language more enjoyable and I could listen to him speak forever.

"The new girl? Luke, she has a different condition and I really do not think you should want to hang around her."

What was wrong with me? What was my so called condition? I'm getting really sick of the way people treat me around here. Only being here for a few days, I haven't exactly been welcomed nicely. Everyone orders me around and expects me to do as they say. Well, fuck them.

"Sitting right here." I mumbled.

She looked at me with a disgusted face, but I just smiled at her.

"Very well then. Report to the kitchen in," she paused and looked down at her watch. "ten minutes. There going to begin cooking dinner soon." She walked away without saying another word to Luke and I.

"Why do they want you to cook?" I asked Luke.

He shrugged. "We're all assigned different chores around here and mine so happens to be kitchen duty."

"Why do we have to do chores?"

"To keep us busy."

"Is there anything else to do around here besides chores?"

"Not really." He laughed. "You ask a lot of questions, sunshine."

"How come you would only work with me?" I asked him one final question and swallowed the lump in my throat.

"Because baby, you're my neverland."

Without saying another word, he swiftly lifted himself from the ratty old couch and offered me a hand. I placed my hand in his with no hesitation and he led met to the kitchen.

He didn't let go of my hand.

The kitchen was a large, open space with a few stoves and ovens, a large refrigerator and a lot of counter space. There were some other people from the institution washing dishes and kneading dough. Nobody acknowledged when Luke and I walked into the kitchen and continued doing what they had to do.

I was surprised when I saw Karen smiling up at me. "Alaska!" She beamed. "I didn't think you were on kitchen duty. Do they already have you doing chores?"

"No." I simply said.

"Then what are you doing here? Do you need something?" She inquired.

I shook my head. "I'm helping Luke."

Her eyes scanned Luke and I's tangled fingers and the she flashed Luke a smile.

God, she's creepy. They told me.

"Lucas, it's a pleasure you're finally doing your share around here. You and Alaska can make some dough and make them into rolls." She sent us both yet another smile and then got back to what she was doing.

I led Luke to the table where others were also kneading dough. We sat down in the chairs next to each other. Luke pulled me closer to him and started carelessly throwing the ingredients into a large bowl. I watched his large hands knead the dough. He added flour and continued to move his hands.

He was so mysterious and I wanted to know more about everything. I wanted to know the full story about how he got here and how long he's staid. I want to know his favorite color, song, food. I want to know what his favorite movie to watch when he's sick is and what his favorite animal may be. I wondered if he had any siblings, pets and friends. There's so much I want to know about this boy. He's intriguing and I want to know more.

He must have noticed me admiring him because a smirk played onto his lips as he continued to knead.

"You still think this place is Neverland?" He asked me.

I shook my head. "No way. I don't know why they tell me it's so great. You were right, this place is hell." I rested my head upon my palm and admired Luke's beautiful eyes.

"You make this hell hole a neverland."

I ignored the blush that was appearing on my cheek and grabbed some flour in my hand. "You know Luke, you're pretty damn sexy. But I think you'd be sexier with flour in your golden hair."

I threw some of the white powder onto him and he gasped over dramatically.

"Alaska Sunshine Young, you asked for it!" He got up from his seat and started flinging four at me. It turned into a full out flour war and we were both covered head to toe.

I started laughing, as did Luke. It was the first time in a long time where I was genuinely having a good time. I wanted to freeze this moment and stay here forever with him. I didn't mind that people were prying Luke and I away from each other and ordering us to stop. We kept laughing like children in a play ground.

It was then I realized the asylum wasn't Neverland.

Neverland was Luke.

-

A/N: WHAT TIME IS IT SUMMER TIMEEEE ITS OUR VACATION OH YH YH OH YH ITS SUMMER SO IM GOING TO UPDATE A LOT OH MY GOD!!!:)?:!!) Luke and Alaska are actually so cute together I ship them so hard my god. It would be so cool is people made banners and shiz for this story or maybe a trailer ;) I love you guys so so so so much and I love all the sweet comments and support I've been getting.

Have a wicked weekend! I love youuuu!!!!!

Stay young,

Sam