077 REAL LIFE

seventyseven. real life

- u ready for a shitstorm -

        WHEN WINNIE ARRIVED BACK AT SEBASTIAN'S APARTMENT IN NEW YORK, which was where chris and herself had been staying for the last couple of months. chris was set to go back to los angeles and winnie back to london in about a month, so winnie wondered why chris had been acting weird. they both had said they wanted to spend as much time as they could together before they departed ways for 2 weeks. its not like him and sebastiab were doing anything for the last couple of days, winnie was working for multiple shoots but she still came home in the evening. but even then they acted weird.

       she had half expected sebastian to be there but she was surprised to find all the lights off in the flat. winnie's eyebrows knitted together as she turned the light on but was still met with nobody. she set her bag down on the floor and waltzed her way to the kitchen, assuming nobody was there. it confused her because chris had commented on her post that he wanted her home asap.

      winnie poured herself a glass of water and gulped it down, before flicking the kettle on. she decided she wanted to get changed, and so she set of down the hallway to her room, where chris and herself were staying.

      when she walked into their bedroom she was met with surprise. the lights were on but dim and there was chris surrounded by rose petals and fairy lights.

     winnie's mouth dropped open wide, it felt like twitter. she always saw what people's husbands, wives, boyfriends and girlfriends did for each other but she didn't expect it to happen to her!!

     "hey chris." winnie said casually, looking around the room. chris had a huge smile plastered on his face.

     "thank god, I was getting impatient." chris chuckled, getting up of the bed before walking towards her.

      when he was in front of her he swooped down and stole a kiss from her, making winnie smile in response.

      "this is the only time I'll ever ask you to not interrupt me, any other time you can." chris laughed, clearly nervous. he sighed before rubbing his hands on his jeans. "I just want to start by saying I'm sorry for acting abit weird lately. lizzie told me last night that you were getting worried."

       "even though we have had some obstacles, we have gotten through them. I know it sounds repeated but it's true." chris took a breath, "I don't think I've ever loved someone as much as you and you're the only person I want to spend my life with. I don't care what anybody says, you are the one. the only one."

     winnie's heart was racing, her eyes were beginning to water at his words. she was scared. so scared. she knew what was coming. she wanted to say something but she knew nothing would come out, her voice denying her.

     "so, fuck." chris said, he grabbed a mini pouch from the top of the chest of draws and opened it, revealing a silver diamond ring.

    winnie had never taken such a large intake of breath in her life.

    "fuck, chris." winnie whispered, rubbing her eyes. chris looked so hopeful.

      "winnie I know it's a bit early, but I don't care. I want to spend the rest of my life with you." and so chris got down on one knee, presenting the ring to her, "so, winnie watson. will you marry me?"

     winnie's mouth was open, her mind was a wreck. she was not ready. she was so not ready for this.

      "I just boiled the kettle."

     chris's face fell so fast. he was so happy and now he was fucking nervous. she didn't even say no, she didn't even say yes.

    "winnie..." chris drawled on, he quickly rose back to his feet and played with the hem of his t-shirt.

     "chris- I." winnie kept stopping. she wasn't ready. she was 20. her whole life was ahead of her, she was not ready for it. chris and winnie had only been dating for a little less than a year, their anniversary coming up in october, which was in 3 months.

      "winnie please say something." chris's voice began to break. he loved her and he wanted her to be with him, but to him she clearly thought differently.

     "I-I'm not ready. chris I turned 20 last month." chris hung his head, trying to not hear her, "we haven't been dating long, I told you this a couple of months ago. I'm not ready for it, we promised after 5 years. not after 9 months!"

     "winnie I love you, don't say no. we can work it out. we don't have to get married just yet, we can just be engaged!"

     winnie scoffed, "chris! why are you not listening to me? I'm not ready to marry you. I love you so much but I have my whole life ahead of me, don't you see?"

     chris started to cry now, it rarely happened but when it did it broke winnie's heart, she just wanted him to realise that she was not ready!

     "what you want us to not be together so you can have the life you want? to go out partying all the time?"

      "what? no! I didn't say that!"

     "you implied it."

     "chris for fuck sake!" winnie screeched, "I love you but I'm not ready. I'm sorry if that's what you want, I'm sorry if you've waited so fucking long for it. but maybe you shouldn't of fallen in love with a fucking twenty year old! you knew what you were getting yourself into, I told you already that I'm not ready."

    "you fell in love with me too." chris whispered, "or I thought you did."

     winnie grew frustrated, "chris! just because I'm saying no, doesn't mean I don't love you. I do. I do love you. but I can't."

     chris sniffed, the tears still falling down, "okay."

     winnie sighed, "okay?"

     "why did I ever think this would be a good idea?"

     winnie's eyebrows furrowed, "and what's that supposed to mean? asking to marry me or us being together?"

       "you should just go." chris sighed, calming down. he was being irrational and a bit of a prick but he just got rejected. or at least that was his thoughts on the situation.

      "jesus christ. come back to me when you realise I'm not the one in the wrong. you men are always the same, when you get fucking rejected you turn sour and act like it didn't mean anything." winnie said steadily, she was shocked at how calm she was becoming.

     "you want me to leave all because I said no to you marrying you? I'm not fucking ready chris, if you really loved me you would wait."

     "sometimes waitings not always the best option."

      as soon as chris said those words, she burst into tears. how he can throw all those months down the drain just because she said one word. she knew he was sensitive with starting a family but she was not ready. he didn't understand that and it stressed her out, she could kind of grasp his thoughts and see where he was coming from but winnie thought chris was being slightly over the top.

      "chris." It wasn't the pretty quiet crying, it was the loud crying. "why would you even say that? did it hurt your ego that much?"

      "just go winnie please. this is hard for me too." chris mumbled.

      winnie couldn't believe it, there she was crying and all he was doing was looking at his feet. its like his emotional moment never happened and he was void of all emotion. his shoulders were slumping and his hands shoved in his pocket, seemingly with the ring.

     "pathetic. so pathetic." winnie whispered, before slowly walking away. the tears still prominent.

     what was meant to be the happiest moment of their lives, was now the worst.

--------
don't hate me :)