Chapter 1: She's Not Human

The setting sun caused the trees shadows to look like monsters. Their  branches were arms reaching out to capture Winter as she walked along the winding path back to her home.

Winter lived alone. Her family had long since passed to protect her from the evils of the world. The house that her parents left her was isolated from the rest of the town for it took 30 minutes to even reach it. Winter liked her solitude, she didn't like people because she could never be her self around normal humans.

Winter saw her house appear through the sea of trees and she relaxed. She had made it home safely. She walked through her back door into her house. As the day drew on and the sun set a brisk chill settled in the house and so to warm herself, Winter  decided to make a nice cup of hot chocolate, her favorite. She poured the milk into her favorite Christmas mug and heated it up for two minutes she then preceded to add the cocoa powder. She mixed her drink eagerly and tried to take a sip, however her drink was far too hot and it burned her tongue. She stared down the drink for burning her but realized the problem could easily be fixed. Winter held the cup and concentrated on cooling it. As usual it worked and when she took a sip and placed the cup down fading blue hand prints were left behind.

After all Winter was a sorceress