Chapter 13 : She's Learned the Truth

I had been leaving my room less and less as days passed. I continued to only see Damian although his company was slowly becoming tiresome. I longed to see that mysterious man. I longed to know what he knew about me, I wanted to know what I was capable of.

The fruit of knowledge called to me more and more with each passing day.

"What are you thinking of?" Damian said while walking into the room and making his way to sit on the bed beside me.

"Nothing."

"You've been giving me such short responses lately, it's worrying me."

"I want to know Damian."

"Know what?"

"Everything, I want to know what I can do, what I'm capable of."

"We will figure out a way to retrieve all that information, it will just take time, be patient." Damian stroked my hair softly.

I got off the bed abruptly and started towards the window.

"We know a way of getting information!"

"No, out of a question, you will not go near him better yet speak to him! I forbid it!" Damian rushed over to me yelling.

"You don't have a choice, you are either with me or not Damian. I don't want to do this without you, I need to know, please come with me."

"You. Are. Not. Going. That is final! We aren't going any where and more specifically you aren't going anywhere. That man is not to be trusted!"

Damian was furious, that was evident. And I knew that if I were to sneak away and find the rogue alpha he would be even more furious then he was now. However, the desire of knowledge was more appealing then the price to pay after. I had to know. This burning sensation within in me begged to know, hungered to know, and so I would set out to find the answers I desired.

"Okay Damian, I'm sorry." He huffed and stormed out of my room in order to restrain himself from resorting to violence as he commonly does.

I sat in my room continuing to ponder my thoughts when I heard a knock at the window. A raven stood at the window sill with a tiny parchment attached to it.

What is this the medieval days?

I pushed open my window and untied the tiny parchment. As soon as it's mission was done the raven flew off into the sky. I unrolled the parchment and on it was a short note in neat cursive writing:

Meet me by the waterfall, I'll tell you all you want to know

-A

A? Who is that?

Questions flew through my head but they quickly blurred as my main focus was on the contents of the note.

'I'll tell you all you want to know'

It was settled then. As dangerous and stupid this idea was, I needed to know everything. And although it doesn't seem like the best option, it's the only option I have.

I made my way to the pack barrier. I didn't know the exact location of the waterfall but something within me was drawing me closer and closer. So I followed it. I led myself through the woods and soon heard a stream. Once I found the stream I followed it hoping it would lead me to my destination.

The sound of a water fall grew louder as I ventured closer to the waterfall.

Within the woods was a beautiful clearing of wild life with the waterfall at the center. I found a flatter rock and sat on it waiting for who knows what.