Chapter 19

I was making my way towards the black mountain. The night sky was littered with stars and constellations. However the beauty of the sky didn't change the eeriness I felt. The forest was dark and haunting. Every step I took sent chills up my spine. All around me the words to the foreign song echoed everywhere in Latin and in English. The whole world looked as if it was twisting and turning throwing me off balance as I walked. The distorted trees creak and moan as I walk past them. Stumbling towards the base of the mountain I see a trail dimly lit by torches that circles around the entire mountain itself. The world continued to swirl around me as I shuffled up the trail desperately trying to reach wherever it led.

Where was I going? What is this place? The questions I asked myself in my own head echoed around me mixing in the with other voices who continued to chant the song over and over again.

The lights grew fewer and fewer as I continued along the path up the mountain. A dark area was before me and I had to feel the side of the mountain in order to get a feel for where I was going. Once I turned another corner I stepped out unit an opening, everything went silent. I saw a cave with a white rope lining the entrance.

A single torch lit inside. One voice sang out:

lux abierunt
nolueritis
veni domum

Two more torches ignited revealing three men. Then they all sang it together. More torches lit and the song was repeated until 10 torches were lit and 10 men sang in unison. They formed a half circle facing me in the cave and in the man in the middle kept his eyes focused on mine. I felt he was staring deep into my soul and, I felt a pull. A strange force was drawing me too him I walked closer and closer. Once I was a little closer to him, arms length about, he stretched out his hand to me. I cautiously hovered my hand above his but I eventually took it.

Both of our eyes turned black and together we sang the ominous song :

lux abierunt
nolueritis
veni domum

" Winter?" A voice rang out everywhere in the cave.

I then noticed a shadow behind me and the strange man before me. I looked closer and saw Adrian.

His eyes were black just like the strange man and my own eyes and his jaw dropped open unmoving but the song came out "lux abierunt
nolueritis veni domum"

My scream echoed everywhere. Why is he here !

"Winter!" A familiar voice echoed all around me.

I turned around and started to run.

"Winter!" I heard a again.

"No!" I screamed with tears streaming down my face.

I felt someone wrap their arms around me.

"No!" I cried out.

"Winter!"

My eyes flew wide open. I looked around and saw a simple but elegant bedroom. I turned to my right and saw Damian.

I stared at him for a moment before I leaped  into his arms crying. He hugged me and whispered softly that everything was okay and nothing bad was going to happen with him around while stroking my hair. I relaxed and we sat there for a good hour at least.

Once I had completely calmed down Damian picked me up and sat me in front of him.

"lux abierunt nolueritis veni domum" Damian said. I stiffened immediately. Damian noticed my uneasiness and his face hardened.

I was about to ask him how he knew that song but he started speaking before I could. "You were saying that in your sleep for almost an hour over and over again, it was terrifying, I tried to wake you up but you were stuck in your sleep. So, tell me what it means" Damian's look wasn't playful in the slightest. I one hundred percent new Damian would flip a biscuit if he knew what he meant. I also knew that lying to your mate, especially Damian was bound to have consequences that just aren't worth it.

I didn't meet his eyes and  instead kept them focused at the window to the left of us. I didn't want to have this conversation in the slightest, even though we have no idea what the song truly means and why I am hearing it this whole vacation trip will be over right when it barely started when I tell him.

"Winter. What. Does. It. Mean." Damian grabbed my chin and turned my head so that I was looking him straight in the eyes.

I sighed not wanting to anger him. That's a deep dark hole I don't want to get in too.

"Daylights gone and you won't come home" I stated nervously, once again looking out the window.

"What?" Damian asked.

"That's what it means." I said looking down.

"And you heard it in your dream?" He asked me still surprisingly calm.

"No I first heard it on the car ride here" I confessed.

Damian paused and I waited for him to say something but he said nothing. Maybe he wasn't going to go ballistic for once! Ease slowly came over me as I realized that minutes were passing and Damian wasn't freaking out. Well, that wasn't too bad then.

Three knocks banged on the door making me jump  and immediately following a man from the North Shore pack walked in.

"Alpha Damian? You linked the first in command?" He said.

"Pack our things we are leaving immediately." Damian then started to walk to the desk and organized our things in order to re pack them.

"Yes sir" he started to walk to the closet.

"D-Damian?" I said shocked, "we just got here we can't leave yet!"

"We can and we will, clearly nothing can ever go according to plan for me, I planned this vacation to get you away from danger and now it seems you are in even greater danger" Damian was looking me straight in the eyes now, his frustration was clear in his body language.

"We don't know that Damian it's just a dream" I walked over to him and rubbed my hand up his arm and his back to hopefully  relax him even a little.

"A dream in which you repeated a song for almost an hour and apparently heard on the car ride here while you were awake, Winter, awake. Obviously not just a dream" I could tell Damian wasn't going to really budge.

"Two days Damian at least, please, Ive never been anywhere like this before, I want to see at least a little bit of this beautiful place..." I lightly circled my fingers on his chest hoping that if I wasn't convincing enough a little seduction could win him over. Damian stared at me, he was visibly more calm now. Unknowing that my main goal was to go to that mountain, he sighed.

"Two days winter, two days"

I kissed him very soft and tenderly on the lips and then embraced him.

"Thank you" I whispered softly.

Damian dismissed the man from the North Shore pack and everything was quiet.

We continued to embrace as I stared out the window with my gaze fixated on the black mountain.