Chapter 25

A cold breeze cause my body to shiver. I heard birds off in the distance chirping their early morning songs. Yawning I slowly opened my eyes. I couldn't really remember anything that had happened the day before due to my foggy tired brain. I was back home wasn't I?

I let my eyes focus and saw the walls were made of...straw? Looking around the tiny hut I saw a basket of fruits and packets of beef jerky along with chocolate and water bottles all shoved to one corner. In another basket next to it was what appeared to be blankets. The bed I was on was a normal mattress held off the ground in a bed frame made of bamboo shoots. A taller basket was at the foot of the bed and I crawled across the bed to open it. Inside was my clothes. My back pack sat next to the cloth that acted as a door.

Nothing settled in immediately but after a few moments tears built up in my eyes and slowly trickled down my face as I realized that Damian had trapped me here.

How could he?

Everything I thought of him, everything I felt, it's changed. The love is there and it is strong, but the hatred is just as strong as the love. If he truly loved me he wouldn't keep me prisoner like this. This is obsession not love. He wants to possess me, he thinks I'm an object. The tears of sadness quickly turned to tears of anger and frustration. Storming out of the hut I realized I was in a large and empty cave covered by a light trickling waterfall. Walking through the water I saw my little prison was in the middle of the woods.

It's not much a prison if I can escape so easily. I started to walk towards the direction of the pack house. I stopped. Why should I go back? All that's waiting for me is more restless attempts of Damian imprisoning me. I won't stand for his behavior any longer. I turned around and headed back towards the waterfall to go behind it. After passing the cave I walked for ten more feet and was suddenly electrocuted with so much force that I shot back with the wind knocked out of me. Gasping for air on the ground I regained my breathe and charged at a spot close to the one I had been previously electrocuted at and again was shot backwards. I tried over and over, scarps and scratches covered my body and I hit my head from landing on a rock. I couldn't get through. Taking a break I leaned against a bigger rock. My breathing was unsteady due to losing my breath so many times. My body aches and I swear I broke a rib or two. I thought of a spell that would get me out and chanted them. I used the spell to open a door, one to break something, and another to let me pass. None worked. So obviously the spells I knew were useless against this barrier.

After an hour of just laying on the grass I decided to go at this from a different approach. No spells, but possibly shear force would work. I stood in the shallow part of pool of water surrounding the water fall. Taking in a few deep breathes I shot all of the water at the barrier and it slammed against it creating a blood piercing sound that echoed through the forest the force of the collision shot me back into the rocks surrounding the cave hitting my head again in the process. Unable to breathe or move due to the pain I instantly blacked out on the rocks.

I  was walking through the forest in order to reach the waterfall. I was very nervous for I had never met the Luna before but Draven had told me she was a tough one. Not only that she had powers and I was very jittery since I didn't want her to hurt me. I didn't imprison her of course but she may not like me because I was sent to check on her by those who have imprisoned her. I told Draven how awful this was and how I would reject him if he ever did such a cruel thing to me. Although he agreed he can't do anything against our Alphas commands. That poor girl she's probably crying right at this very moment! I would be heartbroken if Draven was capable to do this sort of thing to me. Lost in my thoughts I tripped over a rock. Looking around to see if anyone saw even though I knew no one would be out in the forest over here I quickly stood up embarrassed and continued towards the waterfall. Reaching it I noticed a huge ice structure against the barrier. I was shocked that one small girl could have this much power. I was thinking of how to introduce myself when I saw a figure on the rocks. Dashing through the barrier I rushed over to the slumped over figure and gasped in horror.

"LUNA!" I screamed while immediately mind linking the Alpha.

"Alpha Damian we have a dire emergency!" I pushed through to his mind link.

"What is it Hope" he said sounding annoyed.

"It's winter...I.. she's..." I stuttered

"She escaped!!" The Alpha said furious.

"No alpha, she's injured, badly I-it looks fatal" I said while looking at the sharp rock piercing through her side. Blood was dripping everywhere but I didn't want to move the rock that pierced her since it could worsen the wound.

"Bring the pack doctor and as many nursing abled hands Alpha!" I got no reply in the mind link and assumed he would come for her. If only he was a good mate, this would've never happened.

I gathered everyone I possibly could. Any old or training pack doctor and of course Marcus our current pack doctor. We all shifted and sprinted towards the waterfall where Draven's mate Hope was next to Winters unconscious body. Hope looked up bowed her head and quickly stepped back allowing me to see the sharp rock coming out of Winters body. I fell to my knees and could only stare. She was covered in cuts and bruises from head to toe, she was dirty and had dried blood covering her. Even while unconscious she looked tired.

Marcus and his little crew had already gotten to work and had removed her body from the rock very carefully and gently. They weren't going to take her back to the pack house in fear that she wouldn't make it so they took her to her little hut and immediately began to work on her. I sat outside of it not able to see her like this.

I did something I had only done once since Winter got here. I cried. I sobbed and cried my heart out. Unable to cope with the mere thought of Winter not surviving this stupid stunt she had pulled. If she wakes up, no when she wakes up, I'm strapping her to this bed and I'm not letting her go. I walked into the hut despite my anger I wanted to be beside her and hold her, love her, kiss her. Marcus and his team were still working. Her shirt was pulled up revealing her bra and normally my wolf and I would be outraged that men are seeing her like this but we were too worried about her life to even care. After over an hour of work and waiting Marcus was finally wrapping her up.
He slowly lifted her body up on a small diagnostic and poured a drop of glowing blue liquid into her mouth.

"Will she be okay?" I asked my voice quivering catching everyone off guard.

"Yes Alpha, she'll be alright, not only was she healing due to her powers but I gave her a healing potion as well. Just a drop should do it. She'll be better in a few days" Marcus said packing up all his stuff.

"You're lucky though, if Hope wasn't here she probably would have died by tomorrow, she heals faster then humans but being stuck against that rock would have killed her" I only looked down in response to Marcus' words. They all walked out and I was left with Winters sleeping figure. I brushed some hair from her face and tucked it behind her ear. I just admired her for a minute. Taking in her beauty and letting it sink in that she would be okay. I held her hand tightly and kissed her on the cheek.

"What am I going to do with you?"