Chapter 7: His Memories

"Sweetie, stay in here and don't come out until someone from our pack comes to get you okay?" I simply stared at my mother.

"Damian do you understand!" My mother said panicked.

"Yes mother...where are you going" I asked full of fear.

I heard screams everywhere. Members of my pack calling out for help. I wanted to help them. I may be scared but they were apart of my pack. And as their future alpha it was my job to protect them.

"Don't worry sweetie, your father and I are going to take care of the rogues" she said rushed.

"Mother, I want to help! Don't keep me in here!"

"No! No Damian... if we die you must lead the pack. You cannot die do you hear me!"

Tears started to swell in my eyes when my mother mentioned her possibly dying. I pushed them back, an alpha can't cry and there was no way my father would let my mother die.

"Okay mother".

She kissed my forehead and rushed out of the basement of the pack house. I sat there for about 20 minutes waiting for the screams to die down and when they did slightly I made my way to the basement door.

"I'm sure we've won by now" I said confidently.

I climbed the steps and opened the door. The hallway was empty. Everything was still. I made my way into the main hallway and gasped at the terrifying sight.

Three maids bodies lay strewn on the floor necks twisted and blood everywhere.

I gagged but kept going, making my way down the grand staircase.

I was not prepared for the horrifying sight before me.

Death. Everywhere.

My friends, my friends parents, my butlers and maids, teachers and pack members, all in huge heaps of dead bodies everywhere.

I panicked, scanning the bodies to see if any were my parents.

Hope arose in me as I couldn't spot them. The front doors where wide open so I rushed out and stopped dead in my tracks.

There was my mother, on the floor covered in blood crawling towards my lifeless father, reaching out to him.

A man stood over her, smiling he bent down and grabbed her by the neck. Slowly he lifted her weak body up into the air and she started to struggle unable to breathe.

"Mother!" I screamed running towards the man.

"Damian no! Run!" My mother chocked out.

I charged at this man but with one push I was flying back. I slowly sat up staring at my mother as she stared at me wide eyed with tears streaming down her blood covered face.

Please. No.

The man looked me right in the eyes, his own eyes different colors one red and one gold, and he smiled.

I heard a horrible snap and short lived scream and my mothers limp body was dropped to the floor.

Tears still streamed down her lifeless face as her dead corpse stared at me.

I looked up at the man but he was gone.

My head thumped and I felt a cold liquid streaming down my face making my vision started to blur but I wasn't ready to lose consciousness yet. Just as my mother had done to my father, I started to slowly crawl towards her until I could no longer keep my eyes open.

"Mom..." I whispered and I fell unconscious.

Memories of my childhood rushed back to me as the bloodied rogue pleaded for mercy.

"Please sir, please, I have a child!"

"That didn't stop anyone from killing my parents" I said coldly.

He looked at me with tears forming in his eyes. And I ended him.

I walked away with not a care in the world.

He was a rogue. And all rogues must die.

I walked into the house and the smell of lavender filled my nose.

Winter. What would she say if she knew what I had just done.

I'm a monster. Why the moon goddess paired me with such a pure person I shall never know.

All I do know is that she will never love me. So I shall stay away.

But I couldn't let her leave.

The first time she tried to escape infuriated me to no end. I did everything I could to hold myself back.

And the second time... I couldn't  keep my anger under control.

I followed the lavender scent and walked up the marble steps of the pack house to make my way to her current room.

I stood outside her door.

I tuned in to any noises and heard none except her steady breathing.

She was asleep.

I unlocked the door and quietly tip toed in.

There she was, laying unconscious on a filthy mattress chained to the wall.

She was covered in dirt and blood and her hair was tangled and spread around her.

She still looked so beautiful. She always did.

Pain shot through my heart looking at her current state. I wanted to let her go. But if I did she would run. And she's mine.

I walked over to her slowly and caressed her cheek.

"Could you ever learn to love a beast like me?"