Chapter 18

The airport was bustling with people hurrying to get to their flights. The shops were filled since it was a way to pass the time and the masses all moved along to the right like a freeway .

"Is it really okay to leave the pack at a time like this?" I looked up at Damian.

"It will be fine, Draven is taking over while I'm gone." Damian said grabbing my arm and guiding me through to the exit.

"Draven gave me a- wait where are we going, Why are we leaving?" I said while pulling away from him.

"We only went inside since I had to discuss a few matters with an old friend. We are taking the jet" He stated and a little golf cart was waiting for us at the exit.

"Like, a private jet?"

"Yes"

"You're kidding" I said not fully believing it.

"I am not"

I squealed with excitement. "I've never been on a plane before but I've heard private jets are the coolest ones!"

I was so excited that all my worries about leaving the pack with Adrian on the loose drifted away.

The inside of the jet was very modern, the seats  were light tan and extremely comfortable. The chairs could either face forward or rotate to face one another and a foldable table was between every chair if you wanted to sit facing a friend. Apparently there was even a personal chef to make us food!

I'm so excited to go to-

"Wait, Damian where are we even going!" I said laughing at the fact that I was excited to go somewhere despite not even knowing where that somewhere is.

"Kauai"

"You're joking! I've never been !"

Damian laughed.

"You haven't been anywhere." He said chuckling.

"That is very true" we both laughed again.

For most of the flight me and Damian had some casual conversations. I also looked at the clouds for awhile because those cotton candy fluff balls were so beautiful to see from this high up in the sky.

I yawned while staring out the window.

"Tired?" Damian asked.

I nodded my head and got up walking to his seat and plopped down on his lap. I curled into a little ball resting my head on his chest.

"Goodnight" I said.

I felt his arms wrap around me protectively. And that made me smile.

"Winter? Wake up. Winter? Winter we're here. YOU'RE DROOLING ON ME!"

The sound of commotion woke me up from my peaceful slumber.

"What's going on?" I said groggily while wiping the saliva from the mouth.

"Well first off, you drooled on me, second, we are here."

I paid no mind to what Damian was saying until he uttered the words 'we are here'.

"WHAT!" I pressed my face to the window peering out to see lush greenery on the right side of the airport. I ran across the plane to the window across from the one I was previously at and stared out to see the vast ocean glittering from the sunlight.

I couldn't look away from the breathtaking sight. I'd never seen the ocean before.

"Let's go." Damian's voice made me jump.

I turn to see him smiling at me. I loved his smile.

I followed him off the jet and a shiny black limo awaited us. A man was standing outside of it and I followed Damian up to him.

"Alpha Damian from the Blood Moon pack, the North Shore pack is honored to have you here"

The man was very tall, not as tall as Damian of course but close. He was buff and tan with shoulder length black hair. Black tribal tattoos swirled around his arms and chests. Wait why wasn't he wearing a shirt exactly?

"Thank you Keanu of the North Shore pack, we accept your welcome" Damian said while motioning for me to get into the limo.

Keanu sat in the front of the car with the driver while me and Damian remained in the back.

"Is he an alpha?" I asked turning to Damian.

"No, he is Alpha Bane's first in command, are you excited?"

"Excited doesn't even express how I feel. It's so beautiful here I feel like I'm in a dream that I never want to leave" I rolled down my window and peered out of it.

To the right of me was the vast light blue ocean, and to the left was the green mountains, trees, and array of flowers and wildlife. Goats grazed freely and chickens ran around the island. Man was one with nature here.

"lux decrescit
nolueritis
veni domum" (2)

An eerie sing song voice drifted in the wind. I listened closely to see if I could hear it again but I heard nothing. I looked out to see if I could find the owner of the voice but saw no one. I know it wasn't in English. It sounds like Latin, but if that's true then does that mean there are sorcerers here? Confusion took over my mind as I tried to remember the foreign words of the song.

"lux abierunt
nolueritis
veni domum" the song met my ears again.

"Daylights gone and you won't come home..." I whispered the words and turned my head to where I felt the mysterious voice was coming from and saw a blackened mountain, even though it was far away it clearly stood out from the green mountains around it.

"What did you say?" Damian asked me bringing me back from my thoughts.

"Oh, I didn't say anything" I said continuing to stare at the mountain.

"Must've been in my head then" Damian mumbled.

The whole ride to the North Shore pack house I stared at the mountain until it was visible no more.

Daylights gone and you won't come home.

What does that mean?

AN: shorter chapter this time sorry guys!

2. Light fades and you won't come home