Prologue

The British Empire in the 1480's...

The War of The Roses, a power struggle between the Houses of Lancaster (Red Rose) and York (White Rose) was nearing an end. With the Yorkist well in the lead, the reign of Richard III was but a step away.

And in France, Yugi (Henry Tudor)- the last Lancastrian heir- was being forced to live a life of exile.

The Lancastrian forces were rendered powerless by ancient cards of sorcery by 'Seto' and his seven followers who, known as the 'Rose Crusaders' served under the flag of Lord Crawford, a powerful Yorkist nobleman.

Lacking a duelist to champion their cause, defeat was imminent for the Lancastrians. In England, duel card games were still at the fledgling stage. Thus, Lancastrians had to look elsewhere for a duel master capable of facing the Rosenkreuz in battle.

With this in mind, Margaret Mai Beaufort of Lancaster secretly requested a High Druid to summon a duelist from another age.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Present Day, 20XX

Taking a note on anything and everything, I keep a very close note on what the teacher says. I sit close to Seto Kaiba, a few seats away. Yugi's gang were in the back of the room. I sighed and rolled my eyes at Joey Wheeler's sarcastic remark about me, and I continued to write the notes on the Late 1400's.

Once the notes are over, the teacher hands us a worksheet. We're able to work with a partner. I walk over to Kaiba, or as I call him, Seto. He normally only lets Mokuba call him by his first name. However, since I work under him as I am his assistant and his very good friend. Seto is what I normally call him.

"Hey, Seto, You want to work on this together?" I asked him. he looked up at me and he nodded. sat down in the desk beside him, close to the window. We each got out the worksheet and started to work together on it.

I was concentrated on my work, struggling on one of the questions. "Are you almost done with it? I'm confused on a question." I asked quietly. Seto let out a soft sigh as he tried to explain the question, when the bell rang to leave class.

"Well, maybe I can help you at a later time. I'll see you later, Luce. Don't forget we have an event tonight I want you to come to." Seto stated before packing his stuff up and walking out.

I waved and said goodbye back to him, and I gathered up my own belongings. Yugi and his friends had already left, and they were probably waiting on me to drive them home. 

I didn't despise or truly hate anyone of Yugi's friends, or Yugi himself; However, knowing there's a dormant Egyptian leader being hidden in Yugi's accessory that laid on his neck did not give me the best of feelings. I'm friends with Yugi even if I'm not the closest, and I have fought Yami occasionally, but since I work for Seto, the rest of the gangs thought about me weren't the kindest. 

I sighed and left the room. I stopped at my locker before going out to my car. No one was there, huh. I shrugged and started my car to head home.

On my way home, I saw a few duelists against each other in combat. For a split second I thought I saw Yami dueling in an alley. The other person though...it looked like...me? 

I shook my head and sighed. When I parked at my house, I took out one of my own decks from my belt. I mostly used dragons, warriors, and magicians. My favorite card, and the one I used most often, was Dark Magician Girl. My companion since Mokuba introduced me to the game. I've used her whenever necessary, and during the Duel Kingdom, Yugi and I would do the double teams and Dark Magician Girl's special effect would activate, with her gaining attack points when Dark Magician was in the graveyard.

I walked into my house, seeing my dad not yet home. I grabbed a cup of tea and went upstairs to reexamine my decks for the third time this month. Going through my magic, trap and field cards, I came across something...a little awkward. I found a type of Rose card. It was white, like the snow outside on a cold December morning. After I checked both sides of the card, a type of smoke rose around me in my room.

"What the hell is this?!" I called out as it looked like the floor was crumbling under me. My room isn't even that high off the ground and yet I couldn't see anything from my naked eye. When the last piece of the floor crumbled from under my feet, I fell into the white clouds below me.

I saw images of my friends from Domino High as I fell almost gracefully in the clouds. Thunder clapped all around me and pale blue lightning was seen from all sides. I flipped so the gravity pushed against my stomach instead of my back. Which I found to be a bad decision, since I finally landed in the middle of a grassy field with flowers and rocks scattered everywhere. I sat up and looked around at my surroundings...

I...I was in Stonehenge....

In front of me, was someone who  looked like a druid. While in the distance, a lady with blonde hair was quickly running away from the natural structure.