The Grey Crab Walker Strategist

After leaving Windsor, it started to rain. I ran towards London. Once I arrived, I took refuge inside of an inn. The innkeeper offered me a room, I went to pay, and was declined once more for the status I held currently. I laughed and talked with the innkeeper for a while, before sitting myself down at a table after grabbing something to eat. 

I had grabbed two small rolls, and a few cut up pieces of melon. Someone had ended up sitting down beside me.  He was a duelist. And he certainly had some strong cards. Mostly metal cards, and was obsessed over being in Britain. We talked for a while and we discussed strategies, and he mentioned he was also a Rose Crusader. Another fellow walked in, a small figure with a teal bowl cut. He also bonded with us over the fact we were all Rose Crusaders. 

There was a fellow who walked in. He looked fairly tired, but his clothes seemed nicer than some of the others in the Inn. He came over to the table where myself and the other Crusaders I bonded with were. We all started discussing decks and strategies for a while. After a few minutes, the newest arrival look surprised and suddenly stood up.   

"Hold it! You're the one they call the Duelist, right?! If you wanna go any further...you'll have to face me and my "Crab Walker" strategy!!!"  He acclaimed. 

Then, he pulled me into a room, with the same board as before, except the field this time was rows of different field squares. So it seems every duelist will have a different terrain to work with...that is vital information. I didn't care to edit my deck before racing to the inn the night before. 

That may have been a mistake on my part. 

His deck leader is Karbonala Warrior, a warrior monster. My Dark Magician Girl was set on the field the same as before.

I draw my first 5 cards. King Yamimikai, Silver Bow and Arrow, Bright Castle, Dark Magician, and Graveyard and the Hand of Invitation. I set Silver Bow and arrow to the right on the third row.

"My name is T. Tristan Grey, and I will show you my might!" He places a card to the right of the second row. That's his only move this turn. 

 When I draw my next card, my deck cost is high enough to send out my Dark Magician; However, I have also now drawn Ryi-Kishi Powered. I still send out Dark Magician, and move him forward, closer to the Dark Field row, where Tristan's newly laid card is. Since Dark Magician is close to dark field, not only will it give him a movement boost, it will give a power boost, increasing his attack and defense. I finish my turn with a smirk on my face. 

Tristan lays down a card directly in front of his Deck Leader. He takes the monster from before and attacks my Dark Magician, getting him a loss of 1100 life points from my monster. His Lord of the Lamp did no damage unto me. He then moves his face down card to the left. He scoffs and finished his turn. 

 I move Dark Magician Girl right behind Dark Magician, and then summon Winged Trumpeter behind me to save deck cost.  I move Silver Bow and Arrow and Dark Magician forward, the ladder getting the boost from the new dark field.

Tristan moves his Karbonala Warrior to the left and places a card down next to him, then moves it forward. He doesn't do anything else this turn, so it moves back to me. 

 I place my King of Yamimikai down and attack the recently placed monster of Tristan's. The Monster Egg is demolished and Tristan looses another 1400 life points. I then take Dark Magician in for the final blow, moving him two spaces because of the dark tile, and desecrate Tristan of 2500 life points.

The Graveyard slot this round consisted of a lot of fake traps. The only cards I collected were Karbonala Warrior and a Fake Trap.

The table reset itself and I collected my cards.

"A quicker round than the other two...what happened? I figured the my opposition would get difficult the further I went down the road." I comment snarky. 

"I can't believe it! You beat the crab out of me!" 

Tristan looked very upset. He stomped the ground and left the inn. The Red Rose card falling from his pocket. I grabbed it from the floor. I laugh aloud and grabbed a small drink before waving goodbye to the inn keeper, the Metal nerd, and the Bowl Cut figure. They let me know my next stop would be Canterbury. 

I nodded. Before departing I was getting late. I stayed the night there in the Inn. When morning comes, I'll be off.