Red Eyes, Arise!

The next morning, I arose with the small light from the sunrise. I paid my tab to the innkeeper and began a trek from Boulogne to Amiens. It took only a couple of hours before I saw the buildings in Amiens in the distance. 

I arrived at the entrance into the small town, still a bustling feel similar to Windsor back in Britain. I looked around the town, trying to find something in similarity to a Rose Crusader, or someone aligned with Britain. That turned to be difficult. Eventually, someone had pulled me aside, behind what looked like a tavern. As I was about to say something, they shushed me and spoke.

"Hey, it's not advised you wear that here! Someone may find us." The figure stated. A feminine voice at that. I nodded and she took her hand off of my mouth. I quickly took the cape and turned it around. Where white was no longer shown, what was now facing outwards was a dark grey. 

"My name is Ishtar, Oracle to the Rose Crusaders. I prophesied that you would be summoned, but I did not think that you were on our side. Rosenkreuz relayed the news to me by courier soon after you departed Stonehenge."  She curtsied quickly before taking both of my hands. "I appreciate you joining us in our endeavor for the throne." 

I nodded. Before I could say anything, I heard heavy footsteps heading our direction. Ishtar seemed to have heard them as well, since she took my hands and hid us behind one of the buildings in the alley. I held my breath as the footsteps got closer. 

"Oracle! Show yourself! We know you are still hiding here!" A voice called out around the corner. The footsteps started to slow.

 Ishtar pulled me further away from the corner towards the other end of the building. She looked behind her, back to me, and sighed.

"I have to depart you for now. I will grant you a safe passage from here to Paris when you obtained the next rose card. When you finish, come find me at the western most edge of town. I'll meet you there. Good luck, Rose Duelist. Rosenkreuz, and the rest of us Crusaders, are counting on you." 

I nodded and she quickly ran off. Her footsteps almost entirely silent. She vanished around the corner, leaving just me to face the threat behind me. I turned towards the corner I ran from and readied the compartment at my hip holding my deck. I could almost feel the energy coming from Dark Magician Girl. 

From around the corner I was facing, a figure appeared. First looking right, then left towards me. He chuckled. 

"I may not have found the faker, but I found something grander..." The figure commented and stepped closer to me. They pulled a box from the side of the alley and placed it directly between us. 

"I am Joey, Duelist!  I believe you've been looking for me...In England, I'm known as Christopher Urswick. But I'll be best remembered as the Slayer of the Rose Duelist!!!"  

He shifted the box into a playing field. He placed his deck leader immediately onto the field, without a second thought.  The Flame Swordsman was standing tall and proud, much like the counter part of the duelist controlling him. The battlefield itself is similar to Tristian's; However, instead of it being in rows, it's columns.  I place Dark Magician Girl on my side of the field, and the Duel begins. 

I move Dark Magician Girl forward one space and draw my hand. Shadow Spell, Infinite Dismissal, Dream Clown, La-Jinn, and Ryi-Kishin Powered. I want to preserve some deck cost, so I send Shadow Spell down the middle, in front of Dark Magician Girl but one space in between them. I gesture for Joey, or Christopher, to begin his turn. 

He draws his hand and places a power increased card to his right. He moves that card one space forward and ends his turn. 

To preserve more deck cost, I summon Infinite Dismissal on the column to my upper right, a wasteland column. I ended up drawing Bright Castle into my hand. I move Shadow Spell forward one more space, diagonal to Joey's newly summoned card. Shadow Spell and Infinite Dismissal are now beside each other.