The Harpie Queen

After quickly leaving the inn. I checked my deck, and made a few fast edits. Moving Karbonala Warrior into the deck. I advance down the now mostly dirt road to Canterbury. The weather has gotten significantly colder, as I make my way to a mountain valley.

I gather a few supplies such as food and a coat, and trek my up one of the hills, slightly covered in snow. I spot a small hut and knock softly on the door to be let in.

The door opens softly with a small squeak. The figure lets me, then locks the door as I take a few strides inside.

"Remove your coverage, traitor." I hear them say. A very strong, feminine voice.

 I sigh and take off my newly acquired coat. My White Rose attire now visible to their eyes.  "I assume you are my next opponent, then?" I respond, turning my head over my shoulder as I make my way to the large table, ready for my match.

The windows of the hut then open with a mighty breeze, a shiver runs up my spine with the cold weather. The figure removes their cloak as well.

"I only managed to get this far away from you...I knew I should've stayed with my son.." Her fist clenches, and she raises it to her face in enragement. 

"So you're the one who betrayed those who summoned you. I guess I'll have to show you the error of your ways!"

The table turned into the playing field. It consists of mostly mountain terrain, with wasteland along each side. She pulls out her Deck Leader and places it on the field. A Harpy Lady.

I pull my first hand after placing Dark Magician Girl on the field. 

"So you were the figure leaving the scene at Stonehenge...Simon mentioned your name." I state.

The blonde in front of me chuckled. "You would be correct" She points directly towards me. "For I am Margaret Mai Beaufort, prepare to fail where you stand! I will not let you advance any closer to my son and his rule of England!" 

I shake my head in disagreement and chuckled softly to myself. I get rid of both my Fake Traps, the only ones in my deck. and place my Shadow Spell in front of me, then move it forward, leaving Dark Magician Girl where she is. The other two cards in my hand were Key Mace and Shadow Ghoul. 

Her first turn commences. She places a card to her right then moves it forward, she leaves her Deck Leader where it is as well.

 I move Dark Magician Girl forward and rid of Clown Zombie from my deck with Orion the Battle King. Whom I set to my upper right. I ended up also pulling a Mountain Field card. Unfortunately, the majority of the field is that same field type. 

The figure, who announced herself as Mai, moved onto her next turn. She placed a card onto her upper left. She moves her first card face up and moves to attack. 

Shadow Spell activates. Mai's Dark Fire Dragon has now lost 500 attack points. She scoffs, and moves the card she laid last turn closer to the wasteland tiles to her left. 

The turn comes back to me. I move Dark Magician Girl and my face down Orion forward one space each. I draw two more cards into my hand. Goblin's Secret Remedy and Magician of Faith. I discard the unnecessary Mountain field card to use Goblin's Secret Remedy, letting me gain an additional 1000 Life Points. 

Mai places a Power Increased card to her upper left. That card goes to attack Orion the Battle King. The cards end up having the same attack score. My Orion and Mai's Wing Eagle end up both vanishing to our respective graveyards. Mai turns the left most card on her side of the field to defense mode, and ending her turn. 

I  return my focus to my own hand.  I draw Big Eye and Bright Castle into my hand. I discard Key Mace, Big Eye, and Shadow Ghoul to use Magician of Faith.  I use the spellcaster's ability, allowing me to bring back any spell or trap card from the graveyard to the field. I bring back Shadow Spell, which conveniently appears directly in front of Dark Magician Girl.