The Dancing Elf

The storms and thunder of Stonehenge soon departed the further I ran away from it. The forest and grassy fields turned into gravel sidewalk and small buildings. The town of Windsor was peaceful, yet still had that bustling feel to it. Everyone was generous and waved to me as I went by as if they knew who I was. 

I turned against Simon, and against a prince to find my way home.

But, I had to do this for myself, and for the Seto of my own timeline. 

I walked around the town and made my way to where I think I would meet my first opponent. The citizens were very kind and one of them offered me a different outfit. I guess they recognized me as a Rose Crusader from the cloak Seto bestowed on me before I left the structure. I accepted and changed garments.  When I put it on, I looked completely different.

My white dress from my timeline, was taken off for a white armored piece with silver accents, and a white armored pant accessory. The flats were switched for white boots for a comfort touch. The tailor commented on how gorgeous the petals looked in my hair. I felt my face turn a slight shade of pink before thanking her and giving a payment. She declined and said for the Rose Crusaders, there's no need to tag a price on my attire. 

I thanked her generously, exited the small shop and continued onto my path. 

---------

On my way, a girl stopped me and wanted to chat, or so I assumed.

"Hey there! I need you to come with me!" She stated. The brunette girl then took my wrist and pulled me behind her. She ran quickly, and I tried to keep up behind her without falling from being dragged.  She pulled me to a field with a small building in the middle. The girl pulled me to it and threw me inside, followed suit and locked the door.

There was a table in front of me, with a playing field mostly made of what looked like tile terrain, but had scatters of grass throughout the board. It was set up like a chess board.

"You...You're the Rose Duelist. Right?" The girl stuttered behind me.

I turned around quickly. "Yea...what's going on?"

The brunette walked over to the other side of the table. She took a deep breath, almost like she had prepared this line for days. 

"The Rose Duelist! You dared to betray the hopes of Prince Yugi! I'll teach you a lesson you'll never forget!!!" She cried out.

She then turned on the board somehow without touching it. The edges of the board came out, showing a golden hemi circle with an eye in the middle. The girl then pulled out a card and placed it on the board, where a king of the chess game would be.

It seemed like there were no longer Magic zones or Monster Zones, like what I'm used to in my time. It seems everything goes on the same board. 

Her Deck Leader, the card she just drew, was Dancing Elf. A weaker monster than what I would think a Lancastrian Knight would have.

"My name is Tea, and I will bring you down. Now, make your move!" The girl, named Tea, exclaimed.

I nodded. "If that is what you wish."  I pulled out Dark Magician Girl and laid her on the field. Her Sprite popped up, she was floating above her card, her wand in her left hand, her right hand holding onto the hat on her head. Tea looked at me with a glare as I played her.

I drew my first five cards. Shadow Spell, Winged Trumpeter, Orion the Battle King, Hoshinigan, and another Shadow Spell. It looked like I didn't have enough deck cost to summon Orion, So I placed a Shadow Spell and sent it forwards, keeping my Deck Leader in the same spot.

Tea drew her five cards, and placed a fusion on the field to the right of her deck leader. I move Dark Magician Girl forward and place a Dream Clown to the right of my shadow spell. I end my turn there. 

Tea places a card in front of Shadow Spell, and she activates it. Her Mystical Elf now has 0 attack. She groans and clenches her fist. I smile and send a Patrol Robo to Destroy her Mystical Elf.

I smirk "Wouldn't you think to choose a better route?"

She clenches her fist more and draws her next card. She smirks back and places two power increases to a monster.

"If you would like me to 'choose a better route' why don't I attack here!" She places her monster to attack, My Dream Clown. Now her monster is indefinitely spellbound. I laugh hysterically.

 "Hah! you placed two power increases to a monster, and now it doesn't even matter!"

I draw my next card. I wonder if I should send SwordStalker out early, or send Orion instead. I go with SwordStalker and I place him in front of Tea's newly spell bound card. I corner Tea with Dream Clown, who recently drained her of 1200 life points, and Patrol Robo, who took out 1000 not to long ago.

Tea draws and places another fusion next to my face down SwordStalker. I draw my next card and take SwordStalker to the spellbound card.  It was an Airknight Parshath. The 3000 point Dark took out the 2400 light monster, but SwordStalker is now spellbound for a turn. Tea drops another 600 life points. While I am still at 4000, Tea has dropped to 1100.

Tea moves her deck leader to the corner of the field and places a card by my recently placed Winged Trumpeter, who is demolished by the monster card of Tea's. My turn consisted of finishing off Tea with SwordStalker, who because of the meadow field square, took care of moving two spaces to finish her off. Dropping 2500 life points of her 1100.

The graveyard slot she offered me was simple. I grabbed 3 Silver Bow and Arrows in a row, which offered me of one of that card, and a Toon Summoned Skull, a rare dark monster only seen used by Pegasus Crawford, from what I've heard.

'Toon Summoned Skull! I'm glad you grabbed that after you fought me.." She sighed to herself.

  "I guess I lost... It pains me to know that I lacked the strength to protect my lord and love..." 

She reached her hand to the cabinet behind her and grabbed a Red Rose Card. She handed it over to me and opened the door as I left.

"Wait!" She cried out after me. I turned around, curious as to what she wanted. "If you're still pursuing this quest...The next stop is the big city east of here. It's London." 

 I nodded and departed the building we were in. I made my way up the small valley I was dragged to. Thankfully, It still seemed to be early afternoon. So I continued my trek into the east, towards London.