The Tsunami Between Continents

"If you're looking for a boat to take you to the continent, climb aboard!" , was the voice I heard when I reached the Port of Dover. I stripped myself of my coat from the mountains of Canterbury, and boarded the vessel the sailor was promoting. 

Before I got fully on board, there was someone who called my name. I quickly turned around. He was a smaller figure, with dark purple hair under a red knit hat. This must be the courier Seto mentioned at Stonehenge. 

He panted when he caught up to me. I nodded at him when I noticed the White Rose Emblem on his cloak. I quickly wrote a small note to be delivered to Seto, that said the following: 

Seto, 

I have arrived in Dover. I am about to board a vessel that takes me over to France. I, as of currently, have 3 of the Red Rose Cards, I only have 5 more to obtain before I return. I will be keeping them with me for the time being. I will try to find a way to send you another message before  I face Yugi, who I have learned is in Brest. I am safe, and still plan to make my return before the end of August. 

Lucy, Rose Duelist

I sealed the letter, and gave it to the courier who, after small conversation while I was writing, address himself as Rex, from Tewkesbury. I nodded at him and he quickly departed, attempting to keep his knit hat on his head as he ran. 

After Rex had departed, there were no other bodies in the area. Just me - who arrived not to long ago - and the sailor who was taking me to France. 

The sailor unties the ship and we're off. We set our course out, the salt water being a relaxing scent on my nostrils as the scents the last four days have been mostly the scent of rain and nature. Not a bad scent, but I'm relived to have a new scent in the air.

I turn my head around, looking back to the docks of Dover, the exit from Britain. The next time I am there, I will have obtained all of the Rose Cards for Seto. 

I will be going home. 

------

About an hour in, the ship came to a sudden stop. I turned around to the sailor. He had thrown the anchor to the side of the ship. I looked at him puzzled. 

"Alright Landlubber! If you want to reach the continent, you'll have to face me in a duel!!!"  

I sighed and shook my head before looking back up at him. "And, pray tell, who are you?" 

"Me? My name is Mako, card mercenary of Bretagne!"  He straightens his back and motions to the area around us.  At sea, you're in my element!!! I've been waiting for you to cross my path!!! Defeat me, and I'll deliver you to the shores of Boulogne."

'If he's been waiting for my arrival...did the Lancastrians plan on my arrival to this port? We're they expecting me to come here?' My thoughts were spiraling. 

"I've got nothing against you... but I've been paid well to ensure you never reach the continent! and I intend to keep my end of the bargain!!!"

In the middle of the ocean, the Strait of Dover, I've been challenged to a duel.

Mako unleashed the playing field from the bench on his boat. The small bench beside me was adjusted into a bigger table with the playing field. The tiles were water based, with two small sections of plains tiles to each of our right corners. 

Mako raised a fist, and then pointed a finger at me. 

"As I told you, the sea is my element, you haven't got a chance!"