Chapter 6

Chapter 6

They’d marched to the mess deck to get lunch, and had finally got through the queue to get food, Amelia turned around and scanned over the room, to where Sarah sat with Jamie, Josh, Kyle and Tia.

Rhys came to sit next to Sarah and she narrowed her eyes.

“I need to speak to you two later” She said quietly so the others didn’t hear.

“No you don’t” Sarah said after checking her phone, no doubt he’d texted her and told her what’d gone on as she stomped hard on his foot, he bent over slightly biting his lip.

“Fine, shall I speak to you here then?” She spoke slightly louder, Sarah tried to stomp on Amelia’s foot but missed.

“Ow! What the hell, Sarah?!” Jamie groaned as he sat next to me.

“Sorry, that was meant for Amelia” Amelia smirked, before pulling out her own phone.

To: Sarah Sausage J

WHEN THE HELL WHERE YOU GOING TO TELL ME THIS!!!! WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A SERIOUS CHAT LATER! I AM SO DISAPOINTED IN YOU, YOUNG LADY!!!!

Sarah didn’t reply, she just laughed at the text, knowing she would have to face her angry best friend on her own later- to be fair, she didn’t really know why she hadn’t told her, she’d told herself at the time it was because she was going to have to deal with a load of shit with Connor and she didn’t want her knowing she was in a relationship and not wanting to interrupt it; thinking back, it was ridiculous, she should’ve told her, but there was something inside her that didn’t want her to know, and she had no idea why.

“Sea cadet corps, Halt” Everyone halted where they were and sat or stood to attention. “All those in Mercia district who are dancing, I want you outside at exactly 1300 hours” There were murmurs of: ‘Yes Sir’s throughout the room before he dismissed everyone. Amelia quickly scoffed the plate of chicken, potatoes and vegetables that were in front of her the same as Jamie, Rhys, Tia and Sarah did before moving to put their trays on the metal tray rack- it was a skill they’d developed when staying here many times before; eating a full meal in about 5 minutes.

“Where you going” Josh asked, catching Amelia’s hand, and stopping her as she walked out of the mess.

“To dance!” She smiled before pirouetting out of his grip; Jamie smiled at her beauty before following her out of the room.

They marched in a squad with the rest of the dancers from their district, though this time the cameras were nowhere to be seen- a relief for the cadets; on the way, they stopped at the accommodation block to grab their trainers as they’d discovered earlier that attempting to dance in boot was just an accident waiting to happen.

Once everyone had reassembled in a squad, the march began again to the original hall where the DDO was waiting for them.

“Right guys and girls, we have found that some of you are a little uncomfortable dancing together and so we have some activities which we’ve put together to work on that; but first could I please speak to Mathew Benton and Amelia Smith outside please” Jamie watched Amelia’s face light up as she heard the first name, she quickly stood up and walked out of the room with a rather toned marine cadet. He saw them share a quick hug in the doorway before they went to speak to the officer.

“Right, well hopefully later we may have a little treat for you, but for the meantime, please get into your pairs- Jamie Williams and Isabella Garcia should be left without partners, you two please go together.” A long haired Hispanic looking girl moved over towards him and took the seat which Amelia had previously been sitting. They were going to have to do trust exercises to make them feel comfortable together.