Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Amelia was asleep on the bed when he walked in, they’d eaten dinner at different times as they first aid course finished earlier than the coms; she’d obviously showered as he hair was wet and pulled back in a plait, she wore leggings and my hoody, her feet had holey socks on them. As they were the only ones in the dorm, and she was asleep, he grabbed his jogging bottoms and a plain white t-shirt from his suitcase which has yet to unpack and got changed quickly before moving over to the sleeping beauty on the bed.

He felt awful waking her but he knew he should.

“Mia” He spoke softly in her ear as he stroked her face with the back of his hand, she shivered under his touch. “Mia, wake up sleeping beauty” He didn’t know why, but he bent down and kissed her cheek, her skin was so soft under his lips and she was so beautiful, he wanted to take her up in his arms and kiss her properly, but for now, stealing a kiss on the cheek whilst she slept was all he could do. Amelia’s eyes opened slowly, she gave Jamie a sleepy smile; she’d just had the weirdest dream, she’d dreamt he’d kissed her- like that would ever happen. “Hey sleepy head” Jamie grinned down at her as he stroked her cheek gently. “I see you’re wearing my hoody” He smiled and she gave him a sweet smile.

“It was cold and I was waiting for you and it’s warm and smells nice” She buried her face into the hoody as she pulled it up to cover her head before resting her head on my leg as I stretched it out beside her. “You know, I’m almost glad Connor cheated on me.” She looked up at Jamie, his face pulled down in a frown. “I mean, sure it hurts like hell to think I’m not good enough for him yet a tart like that is, and I want to cry every time is see him” He wrapped his arms around her in an attempt to comfort her as she continued. “But it gave me an excuse to break up with him, which means I can come and sit and chat and be like this with you without feeling guilty” She moved up the bed and rested her head on his shoulder.

“What do you mean guilty?” He almost wished that she would tell him she liked him like he liked her and that the guilt was killing her for that but he knew better than that, she didn’t like him, but maybe, he could get her to, if he tried hard enough- but for the moment having cuddles on her bed as friends was good enough for him.

“Well, he said he didn’t like the fact that we are so close and comfortable together, because he said it made him feel insecure and jealous; he always made me feel bad whenever I was with you.” She said, her voice trailed off as if she was thinking about something. “Anyway, we should go and practice!” She grinned before jumping off of the bed and sticking out her hand to pull him up.

“I think all the other rooms are full, a lot of people are practising in the corridor.” She nodded, before shrugging.

“Well, we’ll have to practice here” She smiled before standing on the low camp-styling bed we slept on whilst on base, he frowned. “If we’re closer in height, it’ll make it easier for you to learn the basic positions, because you were holding me awkwardly earlier” She explained as he stood to the side. “Come on, then. I want to win this” Her eyes gleamed with competitiveness as she smiled.

“I’m going to be honest, I have absolutely no idea what I’m doing” He said and she rolled her eyes.

“That’s obvious…” He pouted. “Come here, and stand in front of me, I’m standing up here to benefit myself” He smiled sheepishly before moving to stand in front of her clearly unsure of what to do with his arms. “Step closer, you can’t dance with me if you’re at arms distance.” She spoke softly to him, her breath ticking his neck as he stepped closer to her. “Right, not put your arm up like this” She turned around so she had he back to him as she held her arm out how the lead should, he did so as she turned around and she nodded, placing her own hand in his. “Close your hand over mine” She spoke softly as she stared into his eyes. “Place your hand on my left shoulder blade” He did so and she nodded before placing her hand on his right arm, just below his shoulder. “Raise your left elbow slightly.” She nodded. “Now hold that position” She smiled. “Perfect!” His eyes dropped to her mouth and as she smiled, he had an overwhelming urge to kiss her. “Right, now try and go straight into that position.” She stepped backwards so that his arms dropped from her. Stepping forwards, he lifted his arms back into the positions they’d been in before and she placed her hands into place.