Let the Game Begin

AN: The picture for this chapter is supposed to be you. But it doesn't have to be you can imagine yourself however you want :)

(F/C) = Favorite Color

(E/C) = Eye Color

You lay in bed for an hour or more fiddling with the necklace your grandmother gave you before she passed away before accepting that you were not going to get any sleep tonight. The necklace has blue stones and reminds you a little of the one Pocahontas wears but the stones on yours are more rough.  Thinking of your grandmother always reminded you of her slightly pointy ears. You thought they were cute but they kind of bothered you at the same time. Maybe that's what has been keeping you awake...

You decide to start on the new game you got for your birthday, Skyward Sword. You roll out of your warm blankets and step into some soft (F/C) slippers. You go to the living room, and turn on the console before curling up in the big recliner.

You name your character file and the game begins.

The screen goes black and out of the darkness a smooth, monotone femail voce begins with a story.

"This is a tale that you humans have passed down through uncounted generations. It tells of a tale of unmatched scale and ferocity, the like of which would never be seen again."

The legend begins to unfold in moving pictographs. Eventually, the story is told and the music mellows out. Two fluits entwine their melodies as a blue and peaceful sky fades in from the chaos.

You toggle the joystick, impatient for the action to start, and are annoyed when the female voice that began the tale continues.

"This is a tale you humans have told for many ages, generation to generation. But there are other legends, long hidden away from memory, that are entwined with this tale."

Go on. You beckon the voice. Excited for the action to begin. You had always been a big fan of the series and could not wait to begin Skyward Sword.

"Now a new legend bound to this great story stands to be revealed. A legend that will be forged by your own hand." The game and software logos appear on the screen and you sigh.

They just had to make me wait the extra few seconds, didn't they?

Link is obviously having a nightmare when an oversized bird sticks its beak through his open window and spits a letter in his face. You can't help but laugh at this little misfortune.

He gets up and rubs his neck, sleepily eyeing the letter in his hand. He breaks the red wax seal and reads it;

Hey sleepy head, I know how much you like to sleep in so I'm guessing this letter will be your wake up call this morning. Did I guess right? Rise and shine, Link! Today's the Wing Ceremony! You promised to meet me before it starts, remember? You better not keep me waiting.

You could almost hear the playful tone those words were said in. The letter is signed -Zelda.

After an hour of playing you get up to grab some Scooby-doo gummy snacks from the pantry. Just as you crawl back to your spot the power goes out.

You stare at the black television screen for a bit, a blue Scooby halfway to your mouth. No....

Dammit! You raise your arms in exasperation then let them fall. Vengefully, you chew on the gummy. None of my progress was saved.

You check the time on your phone. 3:00. After seeing the time your body immediately becomes tired and you yawn. Sleep was finally calling. You shuffle back to your comfortable bed and fall asleep as soon as you lay down.

Suddenly everything seems to stop. Dreams, sounds, sleeping, all of it stops and your eyes fly open. For a second everything is dark and still, then a strange electric feeling saturates the air. A few moments later the lights begin to flicker like a candle.

Your hair stands on end as you watch the lights eerily flicker between yellow and red. Diamond patters seem to play across your eyes and you close them as a headache sets in.

"Ugh..."

A man's smooth and chilling voice commands you, "Come to me now, ____."

You shiver as the sinister voice sinks into your skin. Diamonds patters dance in your vision. Black eyes framed by snow white hair stare into you own (E/C) eyes.

What is happening?

You feel like your body is becoming the flickering lights before everything goes black once more.