A Voice

Five minutes later I am dressed with my hair braided down my back and out of the way, dagger by my side. I have full confidence that Instructor Eagus will let me take one of the practice swords if I ask to borrow one. Link may be top in the class but I am the favorite. I smirk as I approach the sparring hall. No Link. Looks like someone had to practice more than they thought.

Pipit and Fledge are standing outside the door. I wave to them.

"Hey what's up?"

"We were talking about Link's loftwing." Pipit answeres. Fledge who has his hands folded in front of himself, just smiles softly and nods.

"I'm going to help him look for it." I say as I go in.

Link is going through the test course. He frowns when he sees me and I wave happily. Yes, I can get ready fast when I want to. I notice that his performance picks up and I chuckle, giving the "hurry up" gesture with my hand.

He sees me laughing and smirks before preforming a perfect spin attack. This time I frown and he laughs. This is the one move I haven't been able to perfect yet despite all my practice. And of course, Link gets it down without even trying.

Moving along the edges of the room in order to stay out of Link's way I walk straight up to Instructor Eagus who smiles at me in a friendly manner. I think one of the reasons he likes me so much is because I am the only girl who decided to attend the Knight's Academy this cycle. He gives a lot of respect for it. "Hey Eagus, I gather you heard about Link's loftwing?"

He nods. "Yeah. It's really unfortunate that this happened." He laughs, "But if Link wasn't such a LAZY ASS-" Link does his best to ignore the loud comment. "-nobody would have had the time to abduct his bird. So he deserves it, don't you think?" Eagus winks playfully.

"Ha!" Eagus is such a nice mixture of friendly and brutally honest. "Actually, I am going to accompany him to the caves and help him get Griffin back."

"Great!" He claps me on the back. "He is passing the test really well, just as I knew he would, but I'd still feel better if you went along. Go ahead and pick a sword."

"Thanks." I walk over to the sword rack, the one I want already in mind.

I hear Instructor Eagus call over to Link. "You did great on that spin attack Link! You always have been good with a sword. You can take that one outside this once to go through the caves. Just don't let me hear any stories about you causing trouble later. You're my responsibility now you know."

"Yeah, I got it Eagus." Link steps up beside me and flicks the back of my head.

"Hey!" I glare at him and rub the spot. "Don't be a sore loser. I told you that I'd beat you here."

"Then don't be a teacher's pet."

I grab my favorite Katana and turn to him. "Watch yourself. Be nice to me or I won't allow you to date my sister." I strap on my weapon and gloat when I see Link's mouth fall open, but he regains his composure quickly.

"I'm a nice guy."

"Sure you are."

Link blushes a little and rubs the back of his neck in discomfort, not really knowing how to respond to my sarcasm.

"Awww! Somebody's got cute little pink cheeks!" I reach to pinch his cheeks but he dodges me.

"Shut up!" He whispers venomously as he glances at Pipit and Fledge who are still outside the sparring hall door. Pipit raises an eyebrow as we pass but doesn't say anything.

Fledge calls out, "G-good luck finding your loftwing, Link."

~Link's POV~

"Thanks, Fledge." I call back as ____ and I walk to the cave together. I'm really glad that she insisted on coming with me. Not that I couldn't make it through on my own, it's just nice to have her around.