Chapter 5

Kaneki's POV

"Slowly....slowly...damnit Kaneki! What I tell you, be gently. *sigh* Well at least you done better than yesterday.", Touka said.

"I'll try again next day...", I said.

"You better finish that latte, don't waste it.", she said.

I quickly drank it and started the day at Anteiku.

"Welcome...", I saw a man with ridiculous outfit came in.

"Oh....the smell of the coffee is....as good as always.",,the man said.

"Stop it, Tsukiyama.....it's disgusting.", Touka coldly said.

"Oh Kirishima-san...I'm here to find Yoshimura-san and.....who are you?", he asked me.

"Kaneki.....Ken.", I answered nervously.

"Name's Shuu Tsukiyama.", he said as he gave me a smile, sent chills down my spine.

"Oh Tsukiyama-kun, you're here. Let's have a talk. Touka-chan, Kaneki-kun, you two come in too."

We followed the manager to the guest room at the back of the cafe.

"Oi Kaneki, come here.", Touka said.

"What is it?"

"Don't near that guy okay, he's a potential pedophile.", she whispered at my ear.

"I will.", I chuckled

We entered the guest room, found a place to sit.

"So...Tsukiyama-kun, any news?"

"Why he's here?", I asked Touka.

"He works as our informant, provide CCG information to us.", she replied.

"Nothing major, but there's a thing happened last month which.....kinda bother the CCG.", Tsukiyama said.

"Oh...what it is?", Yoshimura said.

"There is a prototype subject, escape from a CCG R&D department in the 23rd ward."

"R&D department? 23rd ward? Are you sure your information is reliable?", Touka said.

"That is a top secret base, very few people know the existence of that base.", Tsukiyama replied. "And I have an idea who is he."

"Who?", she said.

"You....", Tsukiyama pointed the finger at me.

"What the.....", I mumbled.

"Although I'm not very sure....", he said. "There's the report that my informant leaked out."

"Subject 993 suddenly went berserk during the brainwash procedure, killed many researchers and investigators in the process. Including senior resear-cher Yakumo Oomori, or known as "Jason". Subject 993 then escape the base and was never been found. This subject is dangerous to both human and ghoul."

Tsukiyama then gave me a picture which closely resemble me but with black hair.

"This is.......me?", I said as I looked at the picture.

"Why his hair is black?", Touka asked.

"Probably result from Marie Antoinette syndrome, a rare condition that causes the hair to suddenly become white in response to some great stress or shock.", Tsukiyama said.

"This theory is the most promising because Jason has a really bad repetition of torturing the subject and he has a weird habit, always count back from a thousand by seven.", he continue to say. "So you're the second subject, since the first he accidentally killed by him."

"So any news to recapture Kaneki-kun?", Yoshimura asked.

"Yes...they are preparing to form a special taskforce to bring him back.", Tsukiyama said.

"You say I'm the prototype right? What is it?", I asked.

"CCG wants to have an artificial ghoul under their command, to be noted, one-eye ghoul or artificial ghoul are stronger than regular ghoul."

"So an "anti-ghoul" ghoul....", I said.

I lied back, sighed.

"Kaneki-kun, you were very lucky...", Tsukiyama said.

"Why....", I said confusingly

"The brainwash procedure are doing part by part, although they're inhumane, they keep your name to the last. You only remember your name right?", Tsukiyama said.

"Yeah....finally know where I come from." I weakly said.

"So that's all, if there's any news, I'll contact you.", Tsukiyama said. "Be careful, Kaneki-kun, they'll come with no mercy."

"Thanks Tsukiyama-kun.", the manager said before he leave with Tsukiyama. Leaving me and Touka at the guest room.

Touka's POV

I looked at him, his hollow eyes just stared at the ceiling. Tsukiyama's word must messed up his mind.

"Want some coffee?", I asked him.

"Yeah...", he weakly replied.

I went out to the counter, silently making a cup of coffee.

"How's him?", Yoshimura said.

"....*sigh*...."

"Okay....give him some rest", the manager said.

I brought the coffee, entered the guest room and placed it on the table. He took a sip and a sense of relief showed across his face.

"Thanks...Touka-chan...as delicious as always...", he said as he gave me a weak smile.

"Take some rest okay? I'll handle the rest.", I said.

"Thanks....", he said and he lied down on the couch, his silky white hair, can't cover the tears that rolled down his cheek. I closed the door and continued to work.

Bang!

Shard of the porcelain cup spread and coffee spilled across the floor.

"Damnit!", I cursed under my breath squatted down to pick up the shard.

"Oh that's rare...", Nishiki said.

"Oi Nishiki, don't just stand there! Help me!", I yelled back.

"Fine...", he brought the rubbish bin and started picked up the shard.

--After work--

I stretched my body, cleaned the table and washed all the cups.

"Bye, Kirishima.", Nishiki said.

"Bye."

I went to the guest room and noticed he's not in there.

"*sigh*...dumbass, skip work for another day.", I mumbled.

I walked upstairs, went towards his room, slowly opened the door knob. He just sitting on his bed, reading my textbook he previously borrowed from me.

I went into his empty room, nothing but a bed only.

"Oh Touka-chan. Why you're here?", I felt a sign of relief after seeing him turned cheerful again.

"Nothing, just make sure you're fine.", I said.

"I'm feeling better now. Thanks!", he said as he gave back the book to me. "Well you can change shift with me, since I skip today."

"Okay then, I'll have a day off tomorrow. Thanks Kaneki.", I said as I grabbed my book and leave his room.