Chapter 12

Kaneki's POV

"Subject 993, surrender yourself!", my heart dropped as I heard this sentence. I tightly held Touka's hand, sweat slowly formed around my head as it slowly rolled down my face. I looked around, there's about 20+ ghoul investigators in front of us.

"Shit...what can I do now?", I said in my mind. My eyes just locked at the people in front of me, trying to figure out an idea.

"Miss! Please move away from him, he's extremely dangerous!", one of the investigators said.

"Go, they don't know you're a ghoul.", I whispered at her. She looked at me, refused to leave. "Come on, Touka-chan..."

"No...you said you won't leave me...", she grabbed my hand.

"This is for your own good, Touka-chan...I don't want you to get hurt.", I said.

"No....Kane--"

"Enough with this drama! All investigators remember, capture him, not kill.", the leader of the investigators said as he activated his quinque.

"Shit....you have to go!", I said as I pushed her away. But I was too late, one of the investigators launched his quinque towards me.

At that moment, time seemingly slowed down, I activated my kakugan and brought out my kagune at the same time. As my sclera slowly turned black and my iris turned red, kagune slowly protruded from my back. But I realized my kagune won't able to block the quinque in time, I closed my eyes as I used my arm to shield myself.

*Flesh-ripping sound*

I slowly opened my eyes, the quinque stopped inches from hitting my body and blood is dripping from the quinque. I looked up and saw the colour purple. I realized the purple-haired ghoul stood in front of me, taking the hit from the quinque. She fell backwards as the quinque retracted. I kneel down, got her in my arms and turned my back against the investigators.

I embraced her in my arms, she's coughing blood as her face slowly turned pale. I looked at her wound, luckily she's slowly heal. I covered up the wound to prevent being saw by the investigators.

"Why....why you do this.....Touka-chan?", I asked her as tears slowly rolled down my face, I brushed her hair, revealed her face.

"Because......I love you.......you dumbass.....", she said as she caressed my face and passed out.

"Touka-chan.....Touka-chan!", I yelled as I turned towards them, looked at them as charged myself to them. "I'm gonna kill all of you!"

"Damn.....they're good.....so this is the taskforce Tsukiyama talking about.", I had a hard time killing them, they're able to counter all the attack I launched at them.

"Should we call for backup?", one of the investigators said during battle.

"Okay. Let's call for it...", the other replied.

"We need backup! Did you guys copy? I can't call for it."

"Looks like the signal has been jammed, we all alone now."

"Yes.....this is my chance....", I said in my mind as I successfully killed several of them. I jumped back and charged myself again, but two of them swiftly chopped off two of my kagune tentacle. Then my legs felt weaken and I fell onto the ground.

A couple of them came at me in great speed and chopped off the rest of my kagune.

I couldn't fight anymore as I kneel down on the ground. The leader of the investigators came and lifted up my chin, stared me straight into my eyes.

"You're really one pain in the ass.", he said as I looked at him full of hatred.

"So....this is the end for me but.....just make her live...."

"No....She's been accused of harboring ghoul, proceed to kill her."

"NO! She doesn't know that I'm a ghoul!", I said as I tried to hit him, but I was pinned down by him.

"How can I trust the words come out from a ghoul?", I looked helplessly as the investigators approached Touka.

But suddenly two shadow figure jumped down from the room, killing the investigators that approached the unconscious Touka.

"WHO ARE THEY? KILL TH--", the leader yelled, he was killed before he can finished the sentence by one of the shadow figure. They jumped and landed in front of me. They're like two towering building, tried to protect me.

"Who are you.....?", I asked.

"Kaneki-kun....don't you remember me?", the mysterious man said.

"Tsukiyama....Nishio-senpai....?", I said in disbelief.

"Go....Kaneki....we'll take it from here.", Nishiki said.

"No...senpai...you bring Touka-chan back. Tsukiyama, you go with him.", I said.

"Why Kaneki-kun, I'm here to help you and you couldn't fight anymore.", Tsukiyama said.

"Looks like I have to try this, it might work.", I said as I tried to activate my kakuja mode.

"Kaneki......is that......kakuja....?", Nishiki said.

"Yes.....you guys need to go before I.....went......insane....AHHHH!!!", I said as I groaned in pain because of the kakuja mode as centipede kagune came out from my back and the mask slowly formed around my face. Nishiki then ran to Touka, picked her up and wait for Tsukiyama.

"GO! Tsukiyama!", I yelled.

"No, let me stay to help you!"

"You want to help me? Okay, please protect the ones who I love and cherish.", I said tears slowly rolled down my face.

"Okay.....Kaneki-kun....", he said and went towards Nishiki and leave the area.

"Don't let them go! Go after them!", the investigators said and a few of them started to go after them but immediately killed by me.

"Your opponent is me, not them.", I coldly said.

Touka's POV

I slowly opened my eyes, noticed I'm moving. I looked up and Nishiki is carrying me. I looked around, I saw Tsukiyama but no sign of Kaneki.

"Nishiki.....where's Kaneki....?", I weakly said. He remained silence as he ran as fast as he can.

"Oi....tell me....", I grabbed his shirt and said. He looked at me, sighed and shook his head.

"AHHHHH!!!!!", I heard someone yelled in the distance which resembled Kaneki. I looked back....that's Kaneki in kakuja....

"Kaneki!"

"Kaneki!", he still doesn't looked back.

"Ken!", he slowly turned his face towards me. Although his kakuja mask is covered the majority of his face, but I can saw his mouth is mumbling something.

"I love you, Touka-chan...", that's what he mumbled.

At that time, time seemingly stopped. All sorts of thoughts go though my mind.

The first time we met.

The first time I train with him.

The first time I teach him how to make a cup of coffee.

Every moment I spend with him teaching me literature.

The first time we kiss.

And our first date.....

I knew at that time I couldn't do anything to help him. I gave him a weak smile and mumbled.....

"I love you too.....Kaneki..."

After I said that, he gave me a weak smile, turned back his head and screamed at the investigators and charged towards them.

"Kaneki.....don't go....", I said before I lose my consciousness.