Chapter 10

Touka's POV

He carried me in bridal style as he walked back to Anteiku after that fight, but as time passed he started to walk slower and slower as his face slowly turned pale and breathing heavily.

"Hey, you can put me down now. You looked like you're about to passed out.", I jokingly said.

"Well....okay...", he gently put me down as he walked to the side to take some breath.

"That fight must consume most of your energy.", I said.

"Well....it must be.", he chuckled.

We then walked on the empty street, continued our journey back to Anteiku.

"We're back~", I said as I entered the already closed cafe.

"Oi Kaneki, you're finally---what happen to you?", Nishiki asked at he saw Kaneki's shirt that had been torn apart.

"Well, something happens....", he replied.

"Kaneki-kun, mind if I have a talk with you?", the manager asked as he finished washing the cups.

"No, I don't.", I said as I walked with the manager to the staff room.

"Touka-chan, come with us."

"Okay.....", I said.

--At the guest room--

"So....tell me what happen.", the manager asked.

"So this is what happen earlier........", he said all of the things that happen to him earlier.

"Hmm....your condition....this is what we call a kakuja."

"Kakuja....?", he said in confusion.

"Kakuja is like a power up to a ghoul's ability, it only occurs when a ghoul cannibalize, but it is not recommended to use from time to time.", the manager explained.

"Oh....okay...", he said as the manager for up and went towards the door.

"Oh before I leave, Kaneki-kun.....take good care of Touka-chan, okay?", the manager said with a smile on his face.

We immediately started to blush uncontrollably as we heard his words. The manager leave afterwards.

"Oh god.....I hate this....", I said as I looked at the ground. Later I felt that someone lifted my head up by my chin, the half ghoul looked at me in the eyes.

"Just......used to it okay?", he said with a smile.

"Okay....", I said as he brushed my hair and gave a little kiss on my cheek.

"Bakaneki.....", I whispered at his ears.

We went out of the guest room and went back to our respective rooms.

"Emm....Kaneki....do you mind...... *sigh*...nothing. Get some rest...", I said.

"What Touka-chan....? Problems with homework?", he said.

"Yeah.....I don't want to bother you.... you need to rest.", I said as I looked at the floor.

"I know you're lying about the homework but I'll come over after I clean myself.", he said while looked at his body.

"Okay....", I said as I entered my room. "How he knows I'm lying....?", I mumbled.

Kaneki's POV

I entered my room, undressed myself. I looked at my favorite shirt which is already torn apart, I sighed as I threw the shirt into the dustbin. I entered the bathroom, cleaned up and wear a long sleeve shirt and shorts when I came out.

*Knock knock*

"Come in.", the purple-haired ghoul answered as I knocked her door. As I entered her room, she sat on the couch, hugging a rabbit plushie while watching the television.

"Guess I'm right, why? You seem a little moody.", I chuckled as I walked towards her. I sat on the couch with her, slowly she laid her head on my lap.

"Breaking news, a dozen ghoul bodies had been found at an abandoned factory, CCG had already start the investigation on who and what's the motive behind this.", the news reporter said in the television.

"That's fast....", I awkwardly said as I changed to a movie channel.

"Why you done this.....? You can totally escape them...", she asked with concern in her tone.

"Because....I'm heard that a ghoul can acquire extra power by cannibalize....", I replied.

"So....you already know about that kakuja thing, right?", she asked while looked me dead in the eyes.

"Yes....", I timidly replied.

"Why...why you done this.....", she asked as tears started to form in her beautiful purple-ish eyes.

"Because I want to protect myself and.....the ones that I love and cherish...that person is you, Touka-chan...", I cupped her cheek, wiped away the tears that rolled down her face and gave her a smile.

"Just....just don't do such risky thing next time okay?", she weakly said. "I just want you to be my side....I don't want to lose you...."

"Yes, I will...", I said as I brushed her purple hair. I looked at her, her face just filled with concern. She must be worry about me. We remained silence for a few minutes until there were a kiss scene in the movie. We both smirked a little when we saw that scene.

"So....you want it.....or not...?", I said with a grin on my face.

"Don't you dare baka---", she couldn't finished her sentence as I already bend down my body, with my lips on hers. She eagerly want to push me away but I kept pressing her down. She got away eventually, pushed against my face with her hands.

"Enough, Kaneki....! Or else I'll kill you.", she jokingly said as she got off the couch, stared at me at a distance.

"Touka-chan, come on...!", I sat on the couch, protested like a little baby.

"No~"

"Then I'll come for you....!", I got up from the couch, ran towards her. We then chased each other in her room for minutes.

"You can't get me~", she said while she hid behind the table.

"*laugh*...I don't care, I'll get you.", we continued to chase each other until we ran out of breath.

"Touka-chan......you're really.....hard to catch......", I said as I lied on her lap at the couch, catching my breath.

"Well at least you tried.", she said as she brushed against my silky white hair and gave me a smile.

"See, moody teen has become happy.", I said with a sense of accomplishment in my mind.

"Thank you, Kaneki.....I'm feeling better now.", she said as she gave a light kiss on my forehead.

"Let's continue our movie night, okay...?", I said.

"Okay...", she said as we snuggled to each other, enjoying the movie.