Chapter 2 The Emersons and First Encounters

After I got back from my drive I was happy to see that I made it just in time since I could see Michael and Sam carrying some boxes up into the house, only pausing when they saw me pulling up.

"Hey guys, hows it going?" I asked while grinning at the two. 

"Oh could be better if someone came and help out," Sam said sarcastically causing me to fake a gasp.

"Oh my, well hopefully someone would come and donate their time to help you out," I said with a dramatic sigh, causing Sam to groan in annoyance while Michael shook his head at the two of us. 

"I believe that you were that someone Kiyoshi," Michael said with a grin as he shifted the box he was holding into a more comfortable position.

"Wait what! I plead the fifth!" I shouted while pointing an accusing finger at him. 

"Oh no, sweety I too recall you saying you will help out," Lucy said as she walked back out the house while placing her hands on her hips while giving me a smile that stated that I had no way of getting out of this.

"Fiiine, but only because I love you guys,"  I said while reluctantly getting out of my car while making sure to lock it, before heading over to help out.  

"So did gramps pull the, 'hey I'm dead,' thing with you guys yet?" I asked as I cared a box up the stairs and into the living room.

"Wait, don't tell me this is something he does all the time," Sam said while looking at me with a look of disbelief causing me to chuckle.

"Oh you have no idea. It's his favorite way of greeting visitors," I told him as I leaned on the door frame as Michael brought in the last box.

"Well that's everything," he said with a tired sigh as he placed the box on the floor. Looking closer I saw that it was a box filled to the brim with comics. 

'Almost as much as I had...well then again in my original life I had bookshelves full of both Manga and horror/adventure books, while in this life those bookshelves are filled with comics as well. This reminds me that I'll have to head home to check out the place since even though I can remember it , I can't help the need to clarify it.

"This place is kind of cool," Michael said while looking around the living room which I too have to admit looked pretty cool.

"I'm so excited I just can't hide it. I'm about to lose control and I think I like it," Sam said in a sarcastic tone causing me to roll my eyes while holding in a chuckle.

"Will you give mom a break?" Michael asked as the two headed into the kitchen and onto the back porch, while Sam complained about there not being a TV anywhere.

This caused me to chuckle while I decided to leave them alone and move to take a seat in the living room while waiting for them to finish since if I recall correctly then they will be heading to the boardwalk soon. Closing my eyes I proceeded to take a small nap as I waited.

--------------------------

'Can't believe I slept through dinner,' I thought with a pout as I followed behind Lucy and the others in their Rover. Parking the car I quickly hoped out and headed over towards where the others was waiting.

"So what's everyone's plans for the day?" I asked as I stood next to Sam, while playfully messing up his hair which caused him to whine in protest.

"Well I'm going to go job searching although I don't know what the boys are planning on doing," Lucy said before looking over towards her two sons. 

"Most likely going to walk around for a little while," Michael said with a smile as he bumped shoulders with Sam causing him to groan in annoyance once more.