The Results

"It looks like all the test results came back ok. But we ran a certain test just in case. And that test, well, caught us by surprise. Ms.Caniff, you're pregnant. And it looks like you're 12 weeks along." I just sat there too stunned to say anything, and just decided to look at my feet instead. How I not know, I mean I should've already been showing, but I wasn't. "She's what? Pregnant?" My brother couldn't believe it. My sister didn't say anything, just sat quietly like I did. "I can't.....pregnant?!" I didn't want this to happen. "I see this is a problem. I'll just let you guys have some time alone. And Bethany, I'll be back with some supplies sortly." The doctor nodded and was off. "Bethany Hope Caniff." My brother started. "How? When? Where!?" And yet, I still sat there looking at my feet, tears welling in my eyes. "We'll talk about this later. And we'll tell mom and dad later when they arrive home." Just then the doctor came back in. "Ok Bethany, we have some prenatal vitamins, and a pamphlet with your options." I just reached up and grabbed them, still silent. The whole ride home no one talked. I just leaned on Malachi and cried while he tried to hush me. As soon as we got home I ran to my room and fell onto my bed. I burried my head into my pillow and bawled. I got up and grabbed my phone to text Matty.

Convo:

Me: Matty I need you. Hurry please.

Matty: On my way Bethy.

End of convo.

"Ping" I heard on my wondow. I knew it was Matty throwing pebbles at my window. I opened it and a pebble nearly hit me. "Sorry." Matty apologized. "It's ok. Just climb up. And be quiet." He did as told. I sat on my bed waiting for him to climb in. When he sat on my bed, I cried into the crook of his neck. "Shhh Bethy shh. Tell me what's wrong will ya?" I hushed long enough to tell him everything. "All my Bethany, that's strong. Like I said before, I'll be here for you no matter what. Is there anything I can do for you right now?" I nodded. "Well?" I wiped my eyes. "You can come down with me when it's time to talk to my parents about all of this. Please." He grabbed my head and let me continue my sobbing. "Of course. Anything for you." I'm so happy to have Matty in times like this.

"Bethany-" My brother stopped talking when he spotted Matty. "Matty. I'm glad you're here. Bethany needs someone for her right now." Malachi motioned for us to come downstairs and we followed.

"Alright guys, we all know what this meeting is for. So I'll start. Bethany, tell us everything." I looked up, face tear streaked, and told them everything. Well, except who the father was. My brother just sighed and put his head into his hands. He couldn't even look at his own sister. I felt like crud, even worse than crud actually. "Well, abortion is out of the question. And so is adoption. So you will keep it. You know that's what mom and dad would say." He confirmed. "No worries, I was gonna keep it anyways." My brother had a distraught look on his face and then spoke. "There is one thing you left out. Who is the baby's father?" I really didn't want to answer it, but I'd have to eventually. I was about to answer when he intervened. "I am, Malachi. I'm the father." I turned to face Matty, I couldn't believe what he was doing. I gave him the 'what the hell' look, but he kept going. "We just caught up in the moment and it just happened so quickly. I'm really sorry, but I promise you, I WILL be here for the baby." My brother sat straight up. "I certainly hope so. And I applaud you for stepping up to the plate and taking responsibility for your actions." I couldn't let him do this, I'll tell my brother the truth later. "Alright, meeting adjured." Everybody scattered like rats.

"Matty, come here." He put his attention toward me. "What are you doing? You know you're not the father. Why would you do that?" He just smiled, and don't see why, he just did something completely idiotic. "Because Bethy, like I told you before, I'll do anything for you. Even be your baby's 'father'. I could see that you really didn't want to tell them about Finn, who would." I gave him a weak but real smile. "So how 'bout it?" He asked. "Why not?" I guess I wouldn't be telling them the truth later.

Well, here we go. Ready or not, I'm gonna be a mother in 9 months. Ugh, why was I so stupid?