Taken

We were still sitting in the room, locked, and waiting for the police squad to show up. I fed the baby (I made everyone except Matty turn around), and Matty put her to sleep. We heard some rustling downstairs and got ready to leave, but it just turned out to be Kourtney coming up the stairs with some weird gadget. "Hello guys." she was saying. "I hope you all have good dreams." She laughed, but before I could ask what she meant, I was out. We were all out in fact. When we awoke, Matty jumped up running towards the door. "Beth!" he screamed "she took the baby. She's gone." We were all up now, banging on the door. "No Matty...she can't be. She can't be! We need to get out of here. We need to get our daughter." He pulled me into his chest and I cried. "She must have sprayed us with anesthesia. I should've known." Ellie put her head into her hands and sighed. "Wait. What?" I wiped my eyes. "Well, when I came in the other day she was fixing some of it. I didn't think anything of it, because that's what she usually did for her mom. I knew that she had murdered her parents, but I just figured that her mind was so messed up that she forgot. I didn't want to ask if that's why, because I didn't want to set her off. She has a very short temper." It made sense. "So what do we do now?" My father asked. "There is sadly nothing we can do until the police show up. We just have to sit here and wait, no matter how hard it is, we can't do anything yet." Matty answered.

I don't know how long it took them to get there, too long in my opinion, but they finally showed up. They took a chainsaw and cut us out of the room. We went downstairs and told them everything. "Ok, so you have no clue where she went?" We all shook our heads. "Do you have any idea where she might have gone too?" We all looked at each other. "She might have gone to the boarder. We were talking about it awhile back. She might have gone. I don't know though." Ellie confessed. "Where to?" She hesitated but answered. "She really wanted to go to Canada. She's always been obsessed with that place, so maybe there." She was finished. "Ok, do we have a picture of her, so we can put it up. O hand the baby, do we have a picture of her too?" We shook our heads at that. "Ok that's fine. When set out the information and picture, we can set out an Amber Alert, saying that she has a baby and is dangerous. That should get people looking. Hopefully she hasn't made it out of the country yet." The police officer that went by the name of Srgt. John Dallas left and sent off the information. "C'mon Beth, let's get you home. We can wait there for more information." Matty said dragging me away. That night my family and Matty's family came over to wait with us. I took a shower and just thought and cried. That was all I could do. I finally convinced myself to get out after awhile. Matty was sitting on our bed, legs curled touching his stomach. He looked up and faced me, his eyes blood shot. Obvious signs of crying. I ran over to him and jumped into his arms. "What if we don't see her again? What will we do?" Matty grabbed my head and put his forehead on mine "don't ever say that again. Ok? We will get our daughter back. We just have to wait and pray. God will keep her safe. Don't waorry about that." He kissed me deeply then pulled apart, kissing my forehead. "Just close your eyes and go to sleep. Hush my darling and sleep. You need it." I didn't want to, but before I could oppose or fight it, I was out. That night I dreamed that Kourtney had Matty, Ellie, and I tied to a pole. She had our daughter in her arms and held a knife in her other hand, but before she could do anything gruesome, I woke up. I looked over to Matty and he was out cold. I got up, ever so slightly, and headed for the kitchen. Everyone was still there, sleeping in my living room. I got out a glass and got me some water.

I sat there just thinking about Matty and I's daughter. About what we'd do when she came back to us. We'd go to the playground, shopping, out to eat, family photos, and a bunch of other fun things. I noticed that I was smiling, but turned it back to a frown as fast as the smile came. I couldn't be happy right now. I couldn't think about all that fun stuff we'd do, because our daughter wasn't here. We couldn't do all them fun things. Not yet at least. "I knew I'd find you here." I jumped and turned around. "Mum. Hey. Did I wake you?" She sat her hand on my shoulder lightly. "No sweetheart, you didn't. I've been restless all night long. Haven't been able to get you, Matty, or my granddaughter out of my mind all night." She walked over to the same cabinet I got my cup from and got one as well, and made some hot tea. She grabbed my coffee mug from me and filled it with hot water as well. She remembered how when I was younger, every time I was upset about something, hot tea soothed me. "Here. Drink this, it'll help you." I took the tea and sipped. "I'm not saying don't worry, because it's natural for something like this, but just don't lose faith. God is watching over her, he's making sure she's safe and well taken care of. He wouldn't let anything happen to such a precious, innocent, little girl." I knew she was right, God was taking care of her. He wouldn't let anything bad happen to her. I just know it. We finished our drinks and went back to bed.