The Appointment

I had started showing by now, and quite a bit actually. I now had to wear huge maternity clothes. It was time for my appointment and my mom was going to meet Matty and I there. The whole ride there Matty and I were debating on the gender. I knew we wouldn't find out for another 6 weeks, we were still excited. "I think it's going to be a girl." Matty said. "I don't know, I'm sesning a baby boy." It was hilarious. "I think you're having twins." I just gave him the 'nope, just shut up' look. "Seriously Bethy. I think you are." I just looked back at the road and snorted. "I guess we'll be finding out real soon." We pulled into the parking lot right then. "Hey mum." I greeted her. "Hey Bethany, hey Matty." Matty gave her a light hug. "Let's get this over with." We were in the elevator and we made a bet. "Ok Matty, if you're right about having twins, I take you out to eat. If I'm right about not, you take me to dinner." We shook on it and mum was witness. 

"Ms. Caniff." The nurse yelled. "That'll be me." I walked over to her. "Just sit in this chair and we'll get started." I did as told and we began. "This may be a little cold." Nurse Calhoun told me, and boy was she right. "Ok, you should be seeing a little peanut shaped baby here and hear a heartbeat." Within seconds I saw and heard it. It was more amazing than I could have ever imagined. Just knowing you have that little being in you, it just... I can't even find the words. After she was done she handed me pictures of my little peanut. I gave one of them to Matty. "Here is a picture of our child." In longest time of saying it, I was starting to believe it was. "It's beautiful." I think he was starting to believe it too. Oh and, I won the bet. One child in there. "So I know we're 6 weeks early and all, but have we discussed names?" My mum asked as soon as Matty, her, and I entered the house. "Nope, not yet. I guess we could start now." Mum grabbed a pen and paper and we all sat at the table pondering. We came up with:

Boy- Connor (me), Easton (Matty), and Wyatt (mum)

Girl- Bridgette (mum), Ellie (Matty), and Maren (me).

We decided the names, but only Matty and I knew it. We didn't tell mum (she was mad), because we wanted it to be surprise for everyone. The names were perfect. We couldn't wait to find out what I- we, were having. "So I have to get going, I still have homework to do." Matty said walking out. We all said our goodbyes then mum made us dinner. I put my picture in my binder so I could look at it whenever I felt like it at school. Dinner was delicious, but it was time for me to almost hit the hay...I still had to take a shower. I was so ready for the 6 weeks to be up. I'm not ready for the whole 9 months to be up yet, I'm still nervous for that, but it was coming, and I couldn't do anything to stop it. That night I dreamed of me holding my child and Matty being there too. It was weird, because Matty and I started kissing. I woke up in a sweat. I looked over at the clock and it read, 3 o'clock, which meant I still had 3 hours and 15 minutes left to sleep. I fell back asleep quickly.  "Honey" my mum shook me "time to get up. School time." I really didn't want to get up, but I needed to. Mum left and I got dressed. "Hey sis." Malachi kissed my forehead. "Morning bro." I made myself a bowl of cereal and drank some coffee. "You know coffee isn't good for the baby." I just looked up. "Mum that's a myth. I looked it up." Malachi and mum just laughed. We all finished and I drove Malachi, Jessa, and I to school. "Later sis, bro." Jessa screamed running to her friends. 'Bye' Malachi and I answered back in sync. "I'll see you later?" I turned to Malachi. "Nope, sorry Beth. I have a date." My eyes bulged. "With?" I anticipated to answer. "Wouldn't you like to know." He answer my question, just walked off. "Ugh! Brothers!" I bantered. "What's this about brothers?" Matty asked walking up to me. "Malachi is going on a date and won't tell me with who." Matty just shook his head and dragged me inside. 

School went by surprisingly fast for a Tuesday. t was such a good Wednesday. Probably the best in awhile. "Hey Bethany." I heard Courtney yell out. Great. "Heyyy! Court. What's going on?" I sounded as happy as I could. "We should hang out some time. We need some girl time." I just nodded knowing it wasn't going to happen. "Ok later-" Courtney accidently knocked my books out of my hand and onto the floor. "Whoops. Sorry...what's this?" She asked picking up my baby ultrasound. Oh no, just the last thing I need. I didn't want people finding out this way. Ugh. Why is this happening?! "Listen, you can'y tell anyone. Ok? I want to be the one that spills the news. Please." She looked up and nodded. "I won't." She looked me in the eye. A sigh of relief flushed over me. It's not getting out just yet. 

The next day I walked into the school, everybody was staring at me. Matty and I instasntly stopped laughing. "What's going on? Why are they looking at you?" I just shrugged. Some girl I'd never seen in my life walked over to us. "Is it true? Are you really preggers?" I couldn't believe it! She even looked me straight in the eyes! That bitch!! I threw my books down and Matty picked them up following me hastily. "Who are you looking for?" Matty grabbed my arm. "Court-" She was in my view. "COURTNEY!" I shrieked. She turned around, eyes bulging, knowing why I was mad. "Oh, hey Bethany. What's up?" How could she act so normal? "Don't 'hey' me. You know exactly what's up. You promised!" She grew a smug look on her face that I just wanted to wipe off. Just then I reminded myself I couldn't get into fights right now, I had precious cargo. "You're so damn lucky I'm pregnant or I'd kick your ass so fast." The bell rang and she went her merry way to class. I jerked my bag away from Matty so fast I caused him to stumble back a bit. "I'm sorry Matty" I confessed giving him a hug "I shouldn't have done that. It's not your fault. It's hers. Forgive me?" He just laughed and squeezed me back. "I forgive you. Now let's get you and baby to class." We wnet off and began our, now horrible, day.