emergence

(A/N: Trigger Warning - Depressive language. This chapter includes depressive language. As awlays, the section including will be noted with a bolded star before the section starts. Enjoy.)

Nine Weeks Post

(Dee POV)

Dee scrolls through her assignments, frowning at the number due this weekend. This lady playin' too much, how I'm supposed to finish all this shit? A knock on the door excites her as she rushes to answer it. She opens it to a smiling Flau'Jae. 'Jaeeeeee,' she squeals excitedly. They hug each other tightly, Jae chuckling.

'I missed youuuuu,' Dee drawls. Jae lets her go starting into the house. 'Girl shut up, you just saw me last week,' Jae replies, flopping down on the couch. 'I know but these bums gettin' on my damn nerves,' Dee explains, sitting next to her. 'Told you to just come to my house, I was home all week.'

'The hell is up with all y'all bad ass kids,' Dee says with a laugh. 'Ain't none of y'all tryna graduate.' 'I been sick the whole time, fuck you talkin' bout,' Jae says. 'Ew, get off my cover and don't touch my pillow,' Dee jokes. Jae laughs, picking up the blanket and rubbing it on her face. Dee snatches it from her, both laughing at their antics.

Dee grabs her laptop, exiting her coursework and closing it. 'What you been doin' all day?' Jae asks, texting rapidly on her phone. 'Nothin', tryna do this damn Algebra II,' she says with a hint of frustration. 'You need help?' Jae offers. 'You couldn't even make it out Algebra I, you not 'bout to have me fail.' Jae rolls her eyes, ignoring her statement. 'Okay first of all, fuck you.' Dee laughs as she continues. 'And second of all, I won't talkin' 'bout me, Roscoe had it last semester.'

'What? How?' Dee questions. 'I don't know,' Jae begins. 'He like dumb smart with math or something.' How the hell?  'Aye, tell him I'll pay him if he do my homework,' Dee proposes. 'He not gon' do it, he bein' all goody-two-shoes this year, he wouldn't even help me proofread my paper.' Dee smirks, a plan to coerce him forming. 'And don't be tryna corrupt my baby, let him be good for once,' Jae says, reading her thoughts. 'Roscoe bein' good?' They share a laugh at the thought, settling into the couch.

'So what, you had a cold or something?' Dee questions. 'I don't even know, like I couldn't even talk Tuesday,' Jae explains. 'Ew, go awayyy!' Dee jokes, covering her mouth and nose. 'You so damn dramatic,' Jae says, rolling her eyes. 'Nah, I ain't tryna get whatever Roscoe done gave you.' Jae sucks her teeth. 'He not even sick.'

'The way his tongue be down yo throat, I'm surprised,' Dee replies, blocking her face as Jae playfully hits her.  'You just mad 'cause ain't nobody down yo throat no more,' Jae replies, sticking out her tongue and mimicking a sloppy kiss. 'Ew, who taught you how to kiss, that shit look nasty,' Dee says with a disgusted face. 'My nigga like it though.' Dee chuckles, shaking her head. I swear she be forgetting she only 14. 

'You need to be worryin' 'bout who you tryna kiss on now,' Jae says, wiggling her eyebrows. 'Jae shut up,' Dee starts. 'What I look like kissin' some nigga right now?' 'Like a bad bih,' Jea exclaims. She does a little dance, sticking out her tongue and popping her hips on the couch. 

Dee stare blankly. 'You done?' 'I'm just sayin', ain't nothin' wrong with distractin' yourself,' Jae explains. 'I'm not even tryna talk to no lor boy and damn sure ain't tryna kiss on one,' Dee dissents. I'm not tryna get caught up in some bullshit again. 'Hmph, that's what you say now.' That's what I know forever.