havoc

Nova POV

Nova laughs with Lexy as they exit the studio, smiles plastered on their faces. 'You can't even hit that note with them struggle vocals,' Lexy teases, slinging her bag over her shoulder. 'What?!' he says in disbelief. 'So you ain't just hear that?'

'I heard a dyin' dog but I ain't hear nothin' like that note you claim you hit,' she continues. He scoffs, pretending to be hurt as she laughs. He clears his throat, exaggerating as he hits his chest. 

Lexy watches, eyes full of laughter as he brushes off his shoulder and prepares himself. He opens his mouth and begins to sing, his eyes closed, his body tensing as he nears the aforementioned note. He winces as his voice cracks, falling flat and completely missing the note.

Lexy cackles loudly, doubling over as he turns red from embarrassment. "Nah, it's all this phlegm and shit,' he mutters, pretending to cough. 'Nah, that's them nonsinging skills you refuse to believe,' she says through laughs.

He sucks his teeth, walking away as she follows, her laughter failing to cease. 'It's not even that funny,' he grumbles, his footsteps growing heavier as her laughter continues to mock him. 'Keep on, you gettin' left,' he threatens only to receive a louder laugh in return. Bet.

He continues out of the building to his car, frowning when he sees Ekko exiting his truck, right beside his car. Fuck. 'Stop runnin' with yo tender ass,' Lexy calls out, quickening her pace as she wipes tears from her eyes, her face still flushed.

He unlocks the doors, sending a small nod to Ekko in hopes that it suffices. It doesn't as Ekko nears, a file folder in hand.

'You figure out what you doing for the show?' Ekko asks quickly. Nova nods, 'Doin' all the singles and probably one unreleased.' Lexy joins them, giving her uncle a brief hug as she listens in. 'Isn't Ride o--,' Ekko attempts. 

'No,' Nova says harshly, the air growing thick around them. 'Not doin' that to her,' he adds softly. Ekko nods, opening his mouth to speak again but Nova interjects quickly. 'I gotta watch Noah so I'll see you whenever, I'll call if I need you or whatever.'

He opens the door and slams it shut, starting the car despite his shaking hands. He stares forward as he waits for Lexy, releasing a tight breath when she closes her door. He ignores her staring as he pulls off into traffic.

They sit quietly as he drives, his mind filtering through insults and angry outbursts that would have made the moment much more enjoyable. 'You know he ain't know, right?' Lexy says hesitantly. He sucks his teeth, refusing to believe her. 'Nigga, you ain't even tell me, I had to find it on the cloud,' she replies hastily. 'And you think he didn't too?'

'So? For all he know she go--,' she attempts. 'Can you stop. For real,' he grits. 'No, you actin' like he did somethin' wrong!' she exclaims. 'Nope, of course he didn't,' he responds sarcastically. 'He was just rude to my girl, didn't want me to spend time with her, made me stay away from her, you know, simple things.'

He grips the steering wheel tighter, letting up on the gas to keep from speeding. 'And if you actually took the time to talk to him instead of bein' a dick you'd know why he did it,' she counters. 'Whose side you on?' he demands, his voice growing louder with each word.

She stares in disbelief, shaking her head. 'Let me out, so sick of this bipolar shit. Can't even fucking listen to anybody without actin' like this.' He ignores her, doing as she said and pulling over to a bus stop.