viable

Continuous

Nova POV

Nova closes the front door with a sigh, dropping his bag and slowly walking through his haze. 'Mami? Lexy calls out, surprising him as she rounds the corner. 'Oh, hey, thought you was stayin' with Ekko?'

'Nah,' he manages to say clearly, leaning against the wall. Lexy looks him over, noting his red-rimmed eyes and sighs, not bothering to address it. 'So how was it?'

'Good,' he shrugs. 'Crowd was good.You watch the live?' 'Yeah,' she replies. 'It looked good.'

She looks behind her, the light escaping under Noah's closed door. 'I uh, I thought you was mami so I was gonna go chill with Zero but Noah--.

'I got it,' he interrupts, putting on a small smile.

'Nah, it's fine, I'll ju--,' she attempts before being cut off again. 'Lexy, I got it,' he laughs. 'Act like I can't watch my own brother.'

She says nothing, her eyes roaming him again before settling on his eyes, a knowing look on her face.

'I'm not even high for real, it's been a minute.'

'Nova.'

'Lexy,' he chuckles. 'I'm good, trust me.' She stares, her hesitation reluctantly fading. She groans, 'Just be careful, please. He's supposed to be in the room all day for breaking abuela's bowl in the living room.'

He chuckles, 'How he even get up there?'

'I don't know, man,' Lexy replies, trying not to laugh. 'I know you not gonna wanna sit in there with him but--.'

'Just go,' he laughs, motioning her past him. 'I got it, keep him in the room 'til mami get back to wear that ass out.'

She's unable to contain her laughter this time. 'Fine. And take a shower before you go in there.'

He lifts his shirt, sniffing it and frowning, 'I ain't have it on when I smoked though.'

'Yeah, but you smell like whatever girl you laid up under,' she throws over her shoulder as she opens the door. 'Bitch don't smell good on you, bruh.'

He stands surprised as the door slams, her loud cackle heard as she walks away.

'Damn, Lexy.'

**

'Why you didn't take me with you,' Noah complains, rifling through a pile of Lego pieces. 'I couldn't,' Nova replies, doing the same with his small pile. 'I had to do a show and mami couldn't watch you.'

'But uncle could've,' he reasons, picking up a few pieces and beginning to stack them together. 'He had to be at the show too,' Nova explains further, a saddened smile on his face.

'But she's always busy,' Noah pouts.

Nova pauses, considering the consequences of telling him before a smile comes to his face. 'You might be seein' her again so it's okay.'

Noah beams at his admission, 'She's not busy no more?!' 'Kind of,' he laughs. 'But she missed us and wanna see us again.'