1) The beginning

Three minutes. This is how long turf wars usually last, so you have to be quick, you have to hurry, and you must have a plan. I didn't have any of these when I started doing Turf Wars and it's one of the main reasons I became who I am today. It's the reason I became Agent 4 of the new Squidbeak Splatoon; one of the most private organizations in the whole of inkopolis. This is my story, and it is a story I will remember for a lifetime, because the people I met in it are the people who changed me for the better. This is the story about the great Octo rising of Inkopolis Square, and how an average Inkling like me managed to be caught up in the events involved in that tragic incident. Shall I begin? Yes, I believe I should!

______________________________________________________________________

Tess' POV:

"Tess, why weren't you prepared when we began?"

"You're going to make us lose if you keep us waiting!"

"Why didn't you tie your shoelaces before we started the match, Tess?"

These were the sounds of my teammates at the start of a Turf War. The first teammate was Joe; who was impatient like me, but was always there when you needed him, next was Kai; who was normally the smart one of the group - and liked to think up of strategies to win no matter what the game was, Last was Rachel; who was my best friend and helped me try to get into the sport of Turf Wars in the first place.

"You guys aren't very patient, are you?" I said angrily at the other three.

Joe looked at me and shot an irritated face. "You need to step up your game. I heard that when you get to ranked battles, you lose your rank if you lose just once!" After a dramatic pause, he spoke again. "Although, I may or may not be right."

I got up and looked at all three of my teammates. "It's not my fault! you guys could have gone off ahead, so we would've had a chance."

Rachel looked at me and chimed in the conversation, "I'm sorry, Tess, but I only stayed behind to make sure you didn't get splatted, and I expected Kai and Joe to go on ahead but they stayed with us too for some reason."

"Let's go then, we can't get a bad rep just for me tying my shoelaces."

I rushed on ahead, the others following behind.  It was a green vs purple match, we were purple and the opposing side was green, the stage was moray towers. Moray towers involved a huge skyscraper with mini ramps on the sides. The stage was made so you could jump off on one side and land on the next. It was also a symmetrical stage, and because of this, it was made so it felt like a huge trek down to the center of the stage and a huge trek up to the enemy's base. I ran to one of the edges and realized that the whole stage was almost green with our enemy's ink. 

This was, of course, a bad thing for my team. The sport of Turf Wars involved two teams of four, working together to splat as much of the ground as they could, with their respective ink color. A few exceptions were placed however, such as how areas such as walls did not count, but because we were all Inklings, we could use the walls to our advantage and swim up the walls, so long our ink was splatted onto it.

"Crap!"

"What's wrong, Tess?" Said Rachel innocently.

I quickly began to formulate a plan in my head. "Rachel, roll down the tower with your roller and clear the green ink. Kai, stay here and snipe the enemy with your charger. And Joe, you come along with me to the center!"

Kai looked at all of us. "Wait, but I'm meant to make the plans!"

Rachel quickly answered Kai with a quick remark. "Make another plan in our next Turf War battle, Kai, Tess' plan seems fool-proof so far!"