50) Shower

Marina's POV:

I can't believe it. They turned the useless excuse of a human shower into a death machine. I turned to Pearl and grabbed her hand.

"Inside the truck!"

"What?"

"Hurry!"

I shoved her and she ran inside. Our main stage was located on top of a truck so it made it easier to set things up. I went up to all the inklings that were in the area and made my announcement.

"Everyone, take cover and run!" The screams of worry were overcrowding my voice, "Take cover and RUN!!!"

The shouting got worse. The inklings either thought this was part of the splatfest or they were scared for their lives (which I would not blame them for).

My thoughts were beginning to grow angry. It was too late for them. The sounds of the Octo shower whirled around, and as the storm of ink was getting ready. I ran into the truck, a singular tear escaped my eyes.

Screams.

The purple ink flooded into the area and screams were the only sound that could be heard. Each sound was gasping for air. In this incident there was about 30 inklings in the area. As the screams settled down I saw what was outside the truck.

Purple ink. Everywhere. Pearl came out and her face signified shock.

"What happe-"

"Oh my gosh..." I slumped to the ground. "They're dead. The power was off. They're all dead-"

"Marina?"

"They're dead. They're dead. They're dead. They're dead. They're dead."

The gravity of the situation finally struck and Pearl joined beside me. My tears finally leaped off and my sobs grew.

"Why can't we ever gain peace?"

______________________________________________________________________

Rachel's POV:

Joe was alright. Kai was alright. Sora was alright. Luka was alright.

As they all got up and looked around at the purple ink. Luka uttered her words of amazement.

"How... how are we alive?"

My hands dusted themselves off, "I activated my bubbler when I realised the actions of that floating thing and touched all of you on the shoulder."

"That explains the soreness on my left shoulder."

"Sorry, the situation called for it."

"No worries."

The others groaned. We all nodded and tried looking ahead of us. We could see two more people in front of us. It was Koy and... Marie from the squid sisters?

I had no time to be amazed at Koy being with such a person. All that mattered was that we got out unscathed.

"KOY!!!"

He and Marie looked over at us, "Yo!"

I confronted him, "Your ok?"

"My doing," Marie packed her parasol, "I got this out and shielded us before the attack. Regardless of how you guys made it, I'm happy that we're ok."