63) Leading to...

Marie's POV:

Sheldon's weapons shop was under reconstruction after the door was knocked down in the attack. In this time, I used the practise room at the back as a way to practise my sniping. Whilst doing this, a voice came through the opposite end of my perfect snipe.

"Talked to Tess yet?"

"Her issue, not mine." I missed the furthest target from my range. "I had to be alone to get over Callie. If she needs someone, then I'm not a good option for support."

"Who do you suppose is one then?"

"That Koy boy. He seems like a likely candidate." My body turned to Sheldon. "Anything else?"

"Yes, what in your right mind made you think you could come here without permission?"

"Ah yes. I need to practise my snipes to get Callie back."

"So no Tess in the equation?"

"Callie killed her best friend, so I doubt she wants to help me."

"Should I leave you to your thing?"

"Yes please."

"Very well..." Sheldon began to walk away. "But don't forget, Tess needs you more then you realise. She's not like you. Her mourning period may even be longer then yours."

The door shut. It may have sounded greedy but I did mean my words to Sheldon. Callie was my main priority and I was going to bring her back. Now that I connected the dots, it was the time to join the pieces to form my puzzle.

My aim was simple. Snipe those glasses off Callie. I was going to succeed... no matter what... all by myself!

______________________________________________________________________
Tess' POV:

Mum could not cheer me up after her death. I never spoke of her. I wanted to forget about her so much. The tears that it brought me though were not helping.

Everyday, I stayed at home in a lazy manner, looking upon our old photos. I saw that famous memory; the one where I swore to protect Rachel's life at her birthday party. It brought great stress seeing that. I slammed the book of photos shut in my bedroom desk and let a few tears fall out.

"Rachel I'm so sorry. I wish I could've told you everything..."

My tears were immense. I let every dry area of my face get soaked by the oasis of salty water running down my face. It was too large to handle. Everyday, I could not stop thinking of Rachel.

Nothing was fun without her. She was the friend that saved me from loneliness; she was the friend that provided me happiness; she was the friend that offered me salvation and kindness; she was also gone.

The thought of her leaving crept on me everyday. I would often let nights close in on me and then open up again to let the morning out. No matter the situation, weather or even circumstance, I was always in a glum mood.

And it was only going to get worse...

My bell rung. I opened it. It was Koy. I shut the door again. He stopped me from shutting it completely.

"Can we just talk?"

"I don't need your sympathy." I opened the door a little to make my point across. "Rachel was my best friend. She meant more to me then you-"

"She was my best friend as well."

"Then leave me be. Since you know my predicament then you should know I'm not in the mood-"

"Nor am I to talk to you. I want to ask you this and then I'll leave you alone... so please, let me ask this and I'll head off."

"What is it?"

"Get your shoes. We're gonna walk out for a bit so I can get my view to your head."

"What if I don't?"

"Then I have no way to comfort myself in the worst moment of my entire life!" Koy budged the door fully open. "Put on your shoes and let's move out!"

I did not want to speak to Koy of all people. But whilst disregarding my negative feelings, I took my pride and buckled my shoes on to follow Koy.

We walked...

______________________________________________________________________
Purple 8's POV:

Cuttlefish stopped his complaining today. He knew that of all days, this was the one time for me to converse with my friends. Using my phone, I contacted Marina and decided to start the long awaited conversation.

"Hello!" Her voice beamed through the speakers.

"May I speak to my friends?"

"Of course!" A few scrunching sounds were emitted. "Yo Rose, come aboard the call!"

Soon, another voice rung through my ears. "Hey 8, how's the subway treating you!?"

"Good, glad to see you and Zen being friends... or so I've been told..."

"We are friends, don't worry!"

"I hope, where's Zen?"

"She's heading off to do some exploring."

"I see... alright, we have some catching up to do."

"Yeah, we do..."

______________________________________________________________________

TO BE CONTINUED...

Meet the cast:

1. Tess as the main character
2. Rachel as her best friend
3. Joe as the air-headed one
4. Kai as the smart guy
5. Koy as the rival
6. Marie as the mystery
7. The interviewer as the questioner
8. Octo oven as the first boss encounter
9. Sheldon as the weapon supplier
10. crusty Sean as the grub guy
11. Rachel's mom as the cautious one
12. purple 9 as the big octoling
13. Tess' mom as the mom
14. Marina as the kind one
15. Pearl as the sassy kid
16. Koy's mom as the strict parent
17. Koy's Dad as the chance-giver
18. Purple 8 as a trendsetter
19. Sora as the young brother
20. Luka as the older sister
21. Zen as Purple 7
22. Octo samurai as the second boss encounter
23. The teacher as the knowledge giver
24. Octostomp as the third boss encounter
25. Callie as the other squid sister
26. Octo shower as the fourth boss encounter
27. Mask as the new octoling in town

A/N: apologies for writing a short, lazy chapter. I'll deliver more PLOT in the next one, but I didn't plant too much with this... >~<