Diego brandick

Diego was short.
He was real short.
And you being his best friend (according to you) allowed you to tease him and drop jokes about his height whenever you got the chance.
Even though you were only six inches taller.
"I'm not short, goddamn it! I'm just more down to Earth than most other people!" He shouted
"And I'm one inch taller when I'm a dinosaur," he whispered under his breath.
You had a shit-licking grin on your face hearing it all. You knew damn well Diego felt self conscious and this was one of the times he was most vulnerable.
"It's really cold today..." he said, trying to change the topic.
"Ah, so that's what the weather is like down there!" You retorted.
Diego slowly turned around.
You could practically see the steam leave his nostrils. "I'm gonna go someplace else where I'll get some more respect..."
As soon as he turned around he felt his face heat. Rarely does anyone tease or pick on him in the playful way you did. He was used to people kissing up to him and acting like his pawns, but you were different and he liked it.
(And you were a 10/10)
"Is there a way to get taller? Some sort of pill or food?" He wondered, walking into town. Diego aimed at impressing you, which he knew would be hard to do since you were just as 'zero-shits given' as he was.
Diego was walking around looking for inspiration from his surroundings when he spotted a pile of bricks.
"Perfect!"

You were at home being a sad lil shit because you thought that you had gone too far when you teased Diego.
"I tease him all the time! This should be nothing!"
"No, maybe it hurts him and he hasn't said anything yet, I know how much of a closed book he is. Aaaarrgh! Why is this so difficult??"
You picked up a book and started reading it to get your mind off of things, and Diego. But even as you read the book, you visualized all the characters looking like him.
I guess you could say you had a closeted crush on Dino Boy.
"Maybe I'm too tall. How can I make him notice something different about me at least?" You thought out loud. Maybe if I try to make myself look... dinosaur-ish..??!"
You (conveniently, for the sake of this cheap plot) had these really cool contact lenses that were shaped like dinosaur eyes. Y'know, the slit looking things. And just to be extra, you wrote [first 3 letters of your name] under your eye with a (e/c) marker. It was pretty cool.
Usually you met Diego outside of the racetrack since you weren't a jockey, but you were rather his biggest fan in denial. You didn't kiss his ass after a race, but you'd make him dinner or let him teach you how to ride a horse instead.
The next day came and it was time for you to meet in your usual spot by the horse racing track.

You saw Diego approach you from a distance, but he looked....
Taller?
"No. It must be an illusion since he's so far away."
Then why hadn't you noticed it before? He seemed to be walking a bit funny, too.
"Hey, y/n. Notice anything different?"
He towered a mighty .5 inches taller.
"Um....you got a haircut?"
"No! I'm taller, you idiot!"
You looked down, pretending to be in shame when you noticed his boots.
"He attached bricks to the sole of his shoes to be taller" you thought.
You began snickering, which turned into outright laughing.
"You look ridiculous!"
There were tears forming in your eyes from laughing so hard.
"Did you think that you'd impress me if you were taller or something? It doesn't suit you!"
"Shut up."
He looked away, agitated that his quiet attempt became noticed by you.
"Oh, you're admitting it?"
"Shut up."
"A-"
Diego took his advantage of being taller than you and kissed you square on the lips. Both your faces reddened. The kiss was long and sweet, but you were too shocked and shy to kiss back.
"I said, shut up. And I can tell you tried to impress me too, loser. Look at your eye makeup, the letters are reversed because you did it in a mirror! There's no way anything could exceed your stupidity!"
"You got me. Guilty as charged."
You held up your hands in a defensive manner and smirked.
Diego grabbed your wrist and 'walked/stomped' his way somewhere else.
"Where are we going?"
"A date. Our feelings have been held back for way too long, and I'm actually happy we like eachother though I hate to admit."
That was enough for you to hear as you smiled and let him take you where he wanted to go.

(IM SO SORRY THIS WAS RLY ANTICLIMACTIC and also for otakulife44 my jotamom)