Dio (Chapter 4)

HI BITCH IM BACK !!THIS IS A PREVIEW IM GOING TO WRITE MORE IN ANOTHER CHAPTER PROMISE
(feel free to comment suggestions etc!)
~timeskip~

Dio had done a great job of keeping you out of the Joestars' sight for about three months. Thanks to their luxuriously spacious estate, Dio's room had served as a mini apartment for both him and you to live in. Though, most of your time was spent alone, waiting for him to come back.
Over time, you watched the glint of enthusiasm in Dio's eyes slowly fade away. He remained kind towards you (with occasional sarcasm, of course.)But he had grown more hostile towards Jonathan. From your room, you often heard the pair arguing downstairs-The echoes of arguing reverberating throughout the home.

It left you a little anxious, unsure of what was really going on in their lives outside of the estate. It truly mystified you; why did they argue so much?
It was true that neither you nor Dio cared much for Jonathan. You'd even mentioned to Dio how they seemed to be polar opposites.
It's also true that teen boys tend to get aggressive occasionally. But when Dio started coming home with injuries, you knew it was becoming excessive, and curiosity as to why was slowly eating away at you.
The only reason you hesitated to ask was because you didn't want to become involved or opinionated on conflicts not involving you.
When you first saw Dio again, he had mentioned his efforts to make Jonathan's life a 'living hell.' At the time, you brushed off the remark, as it was only a figure of speech, right?
Right?
Wrong.

It was a school night for the moody blonde  boy. He was up late sitting at his desk, writing a paper for law homework. His orbs stared intently at the thick open books in front of him, which were illuminated by the faint glow of burning wax candles.

"Hey, Dio?" You announced from the floor, leaning against the wall. You've been drawing little sketches and watching him work ever since he came home from school, occasionally exchanging a word or two as the hours passed.

"What," he sighed, leaning his head on his palm to relax for a moment.

"Why are you and Jonathan constantly at each other's throats?"
Dio's eye twitched at the mere mention of the Joestar boy. He shifted position in his seat to face you across the room.
You couldn't help but take note of how exhausted he looked.
"Is that really a question?" he spoke flatly with a hint of annoyance.
"Well, I mean... neither of us like him. But you guys are at it, like, everyday. And you come home with bruises all the time!"

Waiting for you to elaborate further, Dio just raised his eyebrows, keeping the painfully bored expression plastered on his face. You sighed.
"Look. My point is that Jonathan is stupidly nice. Both of us find his personality annoying. So what quarrels could you possibly be having with him other than that? These fights are going way too far, and I can't help but feel curious as to what's really going on between you two."

Dio nodded in understanding.
"Hmm. I was wondering when you'd ask."

Sighing, he stood up from his desk and pushed in the chair. He took one of the candle lights and walked over to you, offering a hand.

"Let's go for a walk. I'll explain everything."
You nodded and took it, getting up from your spot on the floor. And with that, you both quietly made your way though the dark hallways towards the exit.