Chapter 6 - My Billionaire Baby Daddy

N A T A S H A

A week has passed since me and Sara got to know who it was that I slept with, and who's child I was carrying.

Somehow it was tough to digest the fact that I was actually pregnant. It seemed so different for the prude Natasha to have actually had a one night stand and gotten pregnant too.

I sighed as I laid on my bed comfortable browsing through many recipes for cakes and sweets. I always loved experimenting and trying out new recipes for the bakery I worked at. On Thursdays, I was off. I worked for every day of the week except for Thursdays and Sundays.

However, I seemed to be failing at this task of finding a new recipe to try. My mind was occupied with many thoughts, mainly about how I will take care of the child. I had contemplated on whether I should try for a job with a higher pay but after my time at Lush and Luscious, I knew I couldn't just leave. The owner had only me and a few more workers who had stayed for long. I knew that if I left, it'd not be very good for the bakery and after all that Mrs. Suzy has done for me, I couldn't just leave. She was just like a mother to me after all.

My mother passed away when I was ten, she had blood cancer and it was too late when she had found out. I was mostly alone since then, considering I had lost my father too, to a drunk driver. It had been one of my darkest time. I lived with my uncle but I missed my parents dearly, I felt so lost and I still do, it feels very strange to not have a motherly guidance or someone you can always run to. What worries me most now is my child, I really don't know what to do, I don't want to raise the child in a bad way. I want to be the best mother I can but I have no clue how. Maybe it will come by as I grow too along with my child but the fear of the future is too much.

I heard the door close, and I got up from my bed and walked out of my room and into the living room. "Hey!" I greeted Sara as she slipped off her pink flats. "Hi..." She whispered, completely exhausted. "Work was hectic today, oh God. These clients have no patience!" She groaned as she plopped onto the couch. I just smiled and walked into the kitchen and got her a glass of water which she gulped down immediately.

"Thanks Nat! I think I'm going to sleep for a while after I shower. That's fine, right?" She asked as she handed me the now empty glass. "Yeah sure! I'll cook us something." I replied with a smile. Most days, we somehow managed with either one of us cooking or ordering something when we both were too tired. Thursdays was my day since I was at home.

She shot me another smile before she stood up and walked into her room, right before shutting the door close.

I sat down on the couch and switched on the television, simultaneously thinking what I'd prepare for dinner. The television lit up and on the screen was! Lea, the host of 'gossip' show Sara likes to watch. "Good evening everybody! Today we have with us, a special guest. All of you, put your hands together for... Bella Hayes!" She announces as the camera moves to focus on Bella who is entering the set.

"Hello everyone!" She says in her soft voice, waving at the crowd and the camera with a smile.

"So as you all would have heard, Miss. Hayes here is engaged to our very own nation's wanted man, and there is a rumor that she has moved in with him as well." Lea giggles as she gestures to Bella who laughs with her. "And a new rumor is on trail, that is Bella is pregnant!" Wow.

"So Miss. Hayes, is it true?" Lea asks as she settles comfortably on her seat.

"Well, partially it is. I am not yet engaged to Mr. Lockwood and we are still deciding dates because of ours' and our family's busy schedule and yes, I will be moving in with him after the engagement." She says, seemingly very happy about her future.

"We also have another rumor for you, Miss. Hayes!" Lea chirps. "Yes, I would like to acknowledge that with a little more seriousness." Bella states as she takes in a breath and faces the audience. "Well, I didn't think I'd do this, but I have something to tell you all. Unfortunately, a few years ago at a basis check up, I got to know that I cannot conceive a child. Yes, it was truly sad news, to me and my family but we overcame it over the past years. We have come to accept the truth and live on. And I too have accepted it. I am not saying that this rumor is hurting me but as a person, I would like for it to end right here." That was unexpected. The universe does work strangely; Bella, the woman for him couldn't conceive a child, and the couple might possibly stay childless unless they decide on adoption and here I am, pregnant with his child, who will never know his father or experience any of those luxuries that man's child would.

----------×----------

OMG! Are any of you still with me? Lol, I'm so sorry for this super late update! I just don't know what to write anymore. Writer's block! And then there's my life which is being even more stressful than ever. Hopefully y'all enjoyed the chapter! I'll try my best to come up with the updates faster! I know, I know, I have promised this like so many times already but, eh...bear with me lol. Love y'all! ♡