Chapter 3 - My Billionaire Baby Daddy

It's been about a month since the 'incident' and everything is pretty fine, except me. As usual Sara goes to her work, she worked in a Publishing Company and she had to proof read books, comics, articles, review them sometimes, etc. She loved her work, reading was her passion and doing just that of course made her happy but the stress because of the due dates was not something she liked very much.

I, like ever go to Lush & Luscious, the bakery I work at. Ever since I was small, baking cakes and sweets was something I liked a lot. I was very confused as to what I'd become, however, in the end, I joined Lush & Luscious once I came to New York. The owner, Suzy is a nice woman, and she let me in once she tried my creation.

I took a leave today, calling Suzy this morning and informing her about my health was the first thing I did, right after I finished emptying my stomach from last night's meals. Right now, I was sitting on my couch wondering what was going on. Past one and half week, I've been vomiting and feeling nauseated for most part of the day. I also have found some new cravings, and some kind of repulsion to things I've liked since I can remember. I feel so weird and I have been trying to figure out what the problem was. At first, I thought it was some flu, but after drinking some herbal soups that my grandmother used to make for such things, and no positive effect, I gave up and knew that this wasn't some ordinary flu. My grandmother's helpful yet horrible tasting soups always worked miracles.

As the door opened and closed, I looked up to see Sara have come back from her work early. "Hey! You came early!" I observed as she hung her scarf on the coat hanger and plopped on the couch beside me. "Yeah, I wasn't in the mood today, plus, I don't have much work as of now, so I left early." She said as she bent forward to retrieve the water bottle that was on the table, and drank from it.

"Oh, I took a leave too. I'm not feeling so good these days. I've been trying to figure out what's wrong since morning!" I sighed. "I've noticed that. You wake up early and run into the toilet and I come in to help you out. You also act pretty weird now days, I mean, you are weird always, but you're just weirder now." Sara said as she shrugged.

"Uh huh. I feel the same to be honest." I replied as we both smiled. Suddenly, her head that was leaning against the back of the couch raised up so fast that I thought her neck broke in the process. Her eyes were half wide, and then they scrunched scanning me, in deep thought.

And then, she bit her lower lip, as I furrowed my eyebrows before she finally spoke, "You know Nat, all this started after your one night stand. Now there are two possibilities, you got some disease because of that, I don't know. Or, the more likely and suitable for your case - You are pregnant." What? No! I couldn't be, or am I? The thought did cross my mind, but I didn't think much of it as I expected the man I slept with to have used a condom at least. The last thing he'd want is some woman coming into his life demanding him to support his baby, formed through an one night stand.

"No, that can't be the cause. I mean, the man would be sensible enough to use-" Sara cut me off before I could finish, "But, there is a possibility Nat. You don't remember the night too well. Both of you seemed too drunk to be sensible when I saw you guys walk out of the club!"

"Ugh, this can't be happening now!" I groaned as Sara got up and walked into her room, and came back a few minutes later. "Don't ask why I have these; I just do. Okay?" She said as she handed me two pregnancy tests. "But seriously, why do you have-" I was cut off yet again by her. "I already told you, don't ask. Be grateful I have these, at least now we can know if you got knocked up or not." She said as she rolled her eyes, obviously because I asked her the question, when she told me to not. "Okay okay. But please, be supportive now at least Sara. I can't be pregnant with a stranger's child, especially with me struggling to support myself, I surely won't be able to support the child and to work when pregnant is harder! Even if it's just baking."

I held both the tests in my hand and walked into the toilet and read the instructions on the back of the box. As I finished doing whatever I was supposed to, I left them on the counter as I waited for the results to show.

Almost half an hour had passed since I took the tests, the results would have appeared a long time ago, but I was scared to look at it. What if I was pregnant? How would I support the child? I sure as hell wouldn't abort it! But, what will I do if I was pregnant? All these thoughts ran in my head as I slowly approached the counter and flipped the two tests.

Oh Lord, Help me! was the first thought in my mind, as I saw the two pink lines on both the tests.

My Billionaire Baby Daddy [discontinued]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें