Chapter 7 - My Billionaire Baby Daddy

NATASHA

Browsing through my phone lazily on Thursdays was a usual thing for me. Nothing too special ever happened on Thursdays afterall. My slightly pregnant self was already into weird cravings which I've previously heard of only through colleagues, magazines, stupid websites and so many more sources.

The curtains moved back and forth gently due to the afternoon breeze. It was a perfect atmosphere for me, no lights, the only source of illumination being the sunlight that came through the dull gold curtains, giving the entire room a golden sheen. Somewhere far away (which is definitely an exaggeration), along with the sound of the buzzing fan, the sound of the door being closed sounded throughout the small apartment.

Yawning, I turned to my side waiting for Sara to enter and give me the dish she had brought today. Ever since, we found out that I was pregnant, she had been bringing me some nice food of different varieties every day which is delicious.

My face contorted into a frown as I heard the sound of more doors opening. Calling out Sara's name to check if it's her seemed a good idea until a thought dawned upon me; what if it's a thief? He could murder me if I was discovered.

Looking around, the only weapon I found was the pan I ate the pizza from, I never thought I'd have to use a freaking pan for a weapon. Guess I gotta go by the Rapunzel style.

I grabbed the pan and slowly made my way to the door and opened and closed it carefully so as to avoid any sound that could help the intruder find me. Clutching the pan tightly, I tip toed forward to the living room and right then came into my vision, a man's back. Taking a deep breath and readying myself to hit him, I stepped forward and almost lunged on him when suddenly he turned and I halted, my eyebrows furrowed as I recognized him.

"What are you doing here?" I asked instinctively. I could see his serious expression falter for a second, probably thinking what he could possibly say to me. "Just visiting." Visiting? I have no experience in one night stands but I do believe they don't come after you. "Why?" Came my short and forward reply. "Because I wanted to?" -cough- "Yeah, I wanted to visit you, so here I am." This is absurd, how dumb exactly was this man who in fact was wanted by the world.

"That's not a reason for you to be here. That day was the end of it. That's how those stuff work out, right?" That's what I believed at least, I mean isn't that what all the movies teach you?

"I guess not." Was his short reply as he tucked his hands into the pocket of his black slacks. He looked like he came straight out of an office with the crisp black suit, white shirt that lay beneath and the darkest black slacks I've ever laid my eyes upon.

"Then what is this Mr. Lockwood? You're here uninvited at my house." I demanded all ready to throw him out of my flat.

Instead of giving me a proper reply, the man decided to fetch his business card from his pocket and place it in my unexpecting hands. "I do not know how I can explain myself currently. I will be expecting a call or a text from you on the number at around 8. Goodbye." And as I stood dazed at what he had just told me, he walked out quicker than ever. The sound of the door shut close was what brought me out of my reverie.

"What the..." I muttered meekly, now looking down at the white card that was in my hand. His number given bold and clear with his name beneath, Alexander Lockwood.

--------×--------

Hey my lovelies! I know it's been soo long and I don't even know how many of y'all remember this book even lol. Once again, I am sorry for this big delay, I really don't know how I can make this book a bit realistic even and I often struggle with this one. I've tried writing other stories but none's getting the attention that this one did (kind of discouraging really) so I worked a lil and I'm here with this chapter and hopefully I'll be able to come up with the next chapter soon with this quarantine mode,

Also guys, y'all know how the corona virus is taking a big roll over humanity, so stay indoors, stay safe. Most importantly wash your hands or sanitize them, avoid touching your face and intake lots of healthy foods and do not panic! I know y'all getting holidays but do not go out and party now, this ain't the time!!!!!! Stay safe! Love y'all!