Chapter 4: The Annoying Inventor

(Chapter 4)

(3rd P.O.V)

(Just so you know, 'M/N' means mothers name.)

Y/N just stared at Miu in silence for a moment. "Yeah sorry, I just wanna head home now, I've had quite the day as it already stands." He continued on his way, as he began to walk past Miu however, she just quickly stood in front of him again.

"Hold up, what you just did back there, coming in to help me against those fuckin freaks..." Y/N's eyes began to widen slightly, was she actually going to compliment him? That thought was instantly shattered as Miu started cackling. "You must of realized my greatness and came to help. Kya-haha, guess even someone like you can recognise an amazing beauty such as myself."

"...Sure." Y/N continued to walk, but Miu just decided to follow.

"H-Hey! Where are you going?"

"I already told you, home. I've had a pretty exhausting day is all."

"Exhausting, how so?"

"I've been knocked out, I nearly took out my classmates with a machine, I nearly got my face sliced into bits, AND, to top it all off I was squirted withfrog piss!"

Miu snickered when she heard that last part. "Pfft, frog piss."

"So I just need to go home and relax."

Miu just looked at Y/N for a while, then she started fiddling with some strands of her hair, while slightly biting the top of her thumb, struggling to say the words that where on her mind. "Listen, I wanted to say thaaa... I wanted to say tha-ack.... I wanted to... to say..."

Y/N looked her oddly it's like she was in pain just trying to speak. "Are... are you alright?"

Miu gulped before clenching her fists. "I wanted to say, thank... you for the help back there." she said while looking away in a shy manor.

Coming from her that actually meant something, considering she's been nothing but rude all day pretty much. "Umm, you're welcome." Y/N just continued to look at her, not fully sure on what else to say.

Miu looked at Y/N for a moment before shyly looking away while playing with her strand of hair more aggressively. "W-What? Stop looking at me like that."

Y/N was just confused when she said that. "Looking at you like what?"

"L-Like that." Miu said in a weak voice while pointing an accusatory finger at him.

Y/N just remained silent and continued to walk back home. Oddly enough Miu seemed to be going in the same direction that he was going for a large a majority for the trip until he noticed that going to the left on the pavement while Miu was going right. "Well, looks like this is where we separate, so I guess I'll see you tomorrow at school."

As Y/N went on his way, he couldn't help but get the feeling that Miu's eyes were glued on to him. He just shrugged off the feeling though and didn't bother to check.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

(The next morning)

Y/N and his Mother were just peacefully eating breakfast together before they both had to go off to do their thing. After Y/N told her what nearly happened to him yesterday she immediately got concerned. "So let me get this straight, there are a bunch of people going around terrorizing the students at your school out of jealously?" she asked.

"Yeah that's what I heard."

Y/n's mother looked down for a moment. "Look what you did was brave Y/N but never try to confront them on your own again, and if they approach you avoid them at all costs."