Chapter 15: D.I.C.E is Nice Pt. 1

(Chapter 15)

(3rd P.O.V)

"What's their fuckin' problem?" Miu was venting to Y/N while they walked back home. For the life of her, she couldn't get why her fellow classmates were so peeved.

"We got them trapped in a weird video game with annoying NPC's, of course they're pissed" Y/N groaned feeling quite drained.

Miu rolled her eyes. "Psh, it ain't my fuckin' fault that none of know how to play it and screwed everything up."

Y/N sighed, knowing that if he argued with her too much it'd shatter her ego. "All I'm saying is that... that..." Y/N stopped when in the distance ahead of them, heading in the opposite direction to them was Maki.

"Hey! Y/N! What the hell where you gonna say?" Miu asked while putting her hands on her hips.

Y/N, kind of ignoring her question. "Yeah, games great, um hey Miu I'll see you later. There's just something I gotta do." With that said, Y/N ran ahead without her, away from their usual route.

Miu got all flustered as she watched him go off. "H-huh? What the hell? Y-you just gonna leave me." She looked around frantically and muttered. "Eeeee, what if Lost Potential come..." she began scuttling back to her place hoping to not have any strange encounters.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Maki reached into her large bag, about to pull out her coat but stopped when she heard some erratic footsteps running up to her. She sighed and look back to see the class "luckster" heading her way. Y/N panted as he sprinted over. "W-wait... I ... need to ask something!"

Maki just stood there, unimpressed as he finally caught up. He bent over resting his hands on his knees trying to catch his breath. "... what do you want?" Maki asked.

Y/N stood himself back up so he was at her eye level. "Ok about this whole.... assassin thing and you trying to stop Lost Potential... I want to help." Maki just stared at him blankly. She then turned around and started walking away. "H-hey wait up."

Maki growled. "Can you please just leave me alone. You've already screwed things up enough."

"Exactly. Look, I'm sorry about what happened that night I messed things up for you and I wanna help... though I think... maybe we can do this without killing."

This caught Mali's attention. She turned around. "... what?"

"Yeah I just thought-" Maki suddenly grabbed the collar of Y/N's shirt and pulled him close.

She started to whispers quietly but firmly. "You don't get it do you? This isn't a joke. This isn't t just some fun mission where I'm gonna be acting like some hero. I'm just here to do what I'm told and right now, that's find the head of Lost Potential and kill him and if I have to kill others that come in the way that's it. I don't need or want your help! Just stay out of my way and keep quiet about this!"

Maki then pushed Y/N back causing him to almost loose his footing. Y/N sighed. "Jeez. What was I thinking." he started to head back in the direction where he left Miu, hoping she wasn't too far away.

While Maki walked to her destination she looked back at where Y/N was. She thought about his offer before shaking her head and continuing.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

(Moments Later)

After Y/N's rather miserable trip through a virtual reality game and his failed attempt to get through to Maki he was feeling a little bit down. However he felt that things weren't quite through yet, since as he eventually caught up to Miu, he could see that she was talking to Kokichi and as usual he seemed to be really getting in her nerves. Y/N sighed and started to walk closer.