First Day

Chrom

I let out a breath as I walked through the halls, head held high and each step having a purpose. I can do this... I looked around, hoping to see a familiar face. Vaike or Gaius should be around here somewhere... Then again, knowing Vaike and Gaius, they won't be here until lunch.

"Ah, Chrom! There you are!" A familiar voice called from down the hallway. I turned to the voice, and I saw my friend, Frederick, run up to me. "I was wondering where you were. You seem lost. Do you need help?"

I looked up at him and smiled. "Well...actually, yeah. Thanks," I said. Frederick's family is close to mine, so I see him really often. He's 2 years older than me and a sophomore, but he's become one of my closest friends.

"Have you found your locker, yet?" he asked.

I shook my head. "No, I was just looking for it, actually," I replied, handing him my schedule.

He looked at my schedule for a moment, then looked back at me. "You're in B Hall, I'll show you." He led me into a long hallway full of people and red lockers. "Right here." He showed me my locker and helped me open it.

"Thanks, Frederick," I said, taking off my bookbag and putting it in my locker.

"What class do you have first?" he asked.

I glanced at my schedule. "Umm... Math with Mrs. Grant..."

"Oh, her." Frederick scratched the back of his head. "She's a good teacher. Just do as she says and you'll do just fine."

"Thanks... Do you know any of my other teachers?"

He took my schedule once more. "Let's see... Mr. Anthony is just your normal science teacher, so don't worry about him. Ms. Jackson is a really a really chill English teacher, but don't make her mad or slack off; you'll learn that she's not all sugar and spice. Oh, look: we have Student Leadership together, that should be fun," he said. "I'm still really surprised that you got in! Freshmen only get in once in a blue moon!"

I looked down and fidgeted with my feet. "Th-thanks... I worked really hard to get into that class..."

Frederick looked around and bent over. "You're aware of the rumors, right?"

I nodded. "Yes. Some people think that I only got into that class because of my Father's influence. That's not the case. That's not it at all..." I sighed. I thought back to the countless nights of studying and work in order to get into the class. I got here fair and square.

"I know, you worked harder than anyone else. You deserve to be in Student Leadership," Frederick said. "After a month or so, people will get used to everything and the rumors will be gone. I promise."

I smiled. "Thanks, Frederick," I said. "So, what else can you tell me?"

"Oh, sorry! Um... Well, I've never taken Foods, but I heard Mrs. Woods is nice. Mr. Glass is the new gym teacher, so no one really knows what he's like, yet. You'll have him first semester. Oh, it seems like one of your second-semester blocks is empty. I'm sure you'll figure out another class to put there.." He went on and on about the teachers individually for a little while, then someone interrupted him.

"Um, Frederick? Someone got their hand stuck in the vending machine!" A girl with dark brown hair said.

"What?! School hasn't even started, yet!" Frederick sighed. "Chrom, I think you'll be able to find your classes from here, I have to deal with this. Good luck!" And with that, he was gone.

"Um, bye..." Now I was alone. Oh well... I should get to class.

As I was walking down the hall, a girl with light brown hair carrying a large stack of books tripped over her own feet and crashed to the ground, the books scattering around her. A few students around her laughed and walked past her, not even offering to help. What the?! How are people so rude these days?!