Life Without Her

Chrom

It has been almost a week since I last saw Anna.

It is hard to get through each day without her by my side, but I'm slowly recovering. All of my friends have been there to support me and Katie has been a great source of comfort. I think I'm finally starting to return her feelings.

However, there have been some things where Anna was vital to my life. Such as Foods.

"Chrom! Watch the stove!" Mrs. Woods exclaimed.

"GAH!" I quickly returned to the sauteeing onions and took them off the burner. "Dammit, they're burnt... I'll have to start again."

Usually, Anna would be with me. Either yelling at me or teaching me how to do certain things in the kitchen. Now that she was gone, I've lost all interest and motivation in this class. Most of my motivation came from me wanting to impress her... How can I get through this, now?

...

"CHROM!" Olivia stomped up to me, eyes full of rage. "What the hell did you do to Anna?!"

If I was being honest, I was scared for my life. Olivia never got mad. "I-I did nothing! She was the one who stopped talking to me!" 

That seemed to make things worse. "Bull! I haven't talked to her in a week! She has missed school every day since last Friday! What the hell happened!"

I frowned. "She said that she never wanted to be friends with me!" I spat. "My friendship with her was nothing! Anna cared nothing about me!" Her name felt like poison on my tongue.

"And you believe that?!" she growled. "There is something going on behind all of this! Did you even bother to ask?"

"She...she wouldn't tell me..."

Olivia groaned and rubbed her face, stressed. "She has been dropping my calls and ignoring my texts. I can't get a hold of her. However, the one time she did answer me, she did nothing but cry and say 'I can't' before hanging up. Something is wrong."

I clenched my fists. "Well, what do you want me to do about it?"

"Fix this!" she exclaimed. "Fix her! You're the only one who can crack open her shell! She may be one of my best friends, but we don't share the bond that you two have!"

I turned away. "I don't think that bond ever existed, Olivia," I sighed. "I'm sorry, but I can't fix this. I'm done. I won't play her game anymore."

Olivia began to cry. "Chrom...please..."

"I'm done."

...

"So what do you think we can do for the end of the school year party?" Katie asked me.

I shrugged. "I'm not sure. I'm sure we can think of something, though."

She smiled kindly. "Yeah. When we work together, nothing is impossible."

Even though she made me happy in this dark time, there was still something that felt off. "Er, well, it's beach themed, right? Let's use that as our source of inspiration."

"Great idea!"

As we brainstormed, she gradually got closer to me. I did not find myself caring. "What about a dunk tank? Those are a crowd favorite," I suggested.

She nodded. "Yeah, and you can get your dad to participate! Everyone will love it!"

I laughed. "No doubt! I'll see what he has to say-"

"Chrom Exalt. Please report to the main office. Chrom Exalt to the main office."

*****

DUN DUN DUUUUUUN. THE PLOT THICKENS. I AM SUPER TIRED. I ATE LIKE FOUR CROISSANTS. CROISSANTS ARE REALLY GOOD. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING AND LOOK FORWARD TO READING MORE.