Coming To Work

please appreciate an Indonesian girl writing stories in english which isn't her main language! if you don't then...well, don't read because she doesn't want to trigger y'all with the f**king bad grammar and spelling error(if there's any)!

Sonic's POV

I woke up that morning, yawning and sit up from my bed. I look to my left and saw my little brother is still sleeping. His name is Chibi and he's the cutest! We live together alone since our parents left us for no reason, Chibi was just a baby back then and i was just a kid. We were taken care at the orphanage before i got myself a job and an apartment of my own. Now i'm 19 and Chibi is 12.

I lead myself to the bathroom before i make my way to the kitchen and make some breakfast. I heard the door opened and saw Chibi looking straight at me from the door. He had his towel on his head.

"Finished your bath?" I asked.

He nodded his head and went inside the room again. I guess he's hanging the towel back in the bathroom. He walk out of the room and walk approach the table with a smile.

"Why do you keep smiling at me like that?" I asked and can't help myself to smile too, his face is round and it's adorable!

"You promise to take me with you to the library today!" Chibi said.

I finished cooking and turn the stove off. Oh yeah i forgot that this'll be his first time coming with me to watch me work. I work as a book organizer at the library, it's not that exciting but i really wonder why he's so happy about that?

"Oh yeah, are you sure you still wanna go? It'll be boring" i said as i put the two plates with our breakfast on the table. I sit down on the chair.

"I'm excited!" He said happily before eating his food.

I chuckled and just nodded. We finished our food and he helped me clean the dishes. He also like to help me clean up the house or may i say our apartment. My shift begin at 9 AM and ends at 6 PM.  It was almost nine so we were getting ready to leave. We took the stairs down and left the apartment. The library's not that far so we could walk there rather than taking the taxi.

We made it to the library. It's a really big place with two floors. I took Chibi and myself to the back of the counter where there's a door there and found my two co-workers. The first one is a pink hedgehog named Amy and the second one is a yellow fox named Miles, but we call him Tails because of his unique two fluffy tails. The back room is big, it's usually where we hang out to take a break. There's a table with four seats and a bunch of bookshelves filled with books. There's also lots of boxes with books inside that i need to organize to the first floor's bookshelf. Tails is the one usually handling the second floor. And Amy, she stays on the counter to take care of people when they want to borrow the books from the library. She is also our boss and the one who owns the place.

"Hi guys! I brought Chibi with me"

Amy turn her face around and squealed really loud. She ran towards Chibi and lift him up then giving him a tight hug.

"He looks so much like you! So adorable!"

"He's so...round!" Tails said from the back.

Chibi struggled to get away from Amy's grip as he place both his hands on her face. But that didn't stop her, instead she squealed again when she saw Chibi's hands.

"Your hands are tiny! TINY HANDS"

"okay Amy i think he had enough with the cuddles" i laughed.

She put Chibi down and turn to me with a smile.