Truth

Sonic's POV

Shadow and i rushed to where the explosion was and when we arrived we saw two masked bears. they both hold a gun and each of them got an unconscious hostage on their hands. my eyes went wide when i saw who one of their hostage was.

"alright everybody don't move! now which one are you named Shadow?! we need to collect money fast!"

one of them held Chibi's wrist, it looks like his head is bleeding from the explosion! out of all people why do they have to take a child?!

"Sh-Shadow who are they? t-they got Chibi!"

"i don't know but it looks like they're after me..."

"why would they after you? Shadow don't go near them they probably have more bombs!" i shouted and hold his hand as hard as i could.

Shadow turned around and suddenly hugs me. his hug is surprisingly very warm and calming. seconds later he let go.

"they must be after me for a reason. and i can't just stand here knowing your brother's in danger. i'll save him i promise"

he kissed my hand before leaving towards the bad guys. i can't think straight right now because i'm shocked, panicked, and embarrassed all at the same time!

"what business you might have with me?" i heard Shadow said.

"heh our boss sent us to kill you after he sent us your location!"

"how did your boss know i'm here?"

"none of your business, punk!"

Shadow suddenly jump up to one of the trees then jump higher before jumping back down to the ground. he held a drone amd smirked at them.

"so he's spying on me with this?"

the two bears looked shocked. i don't even know there's a drone up there! Shadow crushed the drone on the ground and stare back at them.

"free those two now" he said.

"never! you'll have to surrender to us if you want these two back in piece!"

i kept an eye on Chibi and i saw his ears twitched. he's awaking! he lift his head up and looked really shocked and confused. he's still so young to be in a situation like this!

"b-brother?"

the bear heard Chibi spoke and smirked. he lift him up by his neck and point the gun at his head.

"Chibi!"

"don't move!" he yelled at me.

"sir if you could please free the hostages and leave? you're kind of wasting my time"

"you're the one wasting our time! hurry and surrender yourself!"

i'm starting to get very worried. they will kill Chibi but if Shadow gave himself up he will also be killed! what am i supposed to do? i've never been in a situation like this in my entire life! i'm really scared if both of them got killed! that other hostage seems dying too from blood loss! if i save Chibi then she'll get killed. if i save her then Chibi'll get killed.

Shadow's POV

i saw Sonic behind me kept staring at his brother and the other hostage. if i'm not mistaken it seems like he's trying to save them but he realize it's too dangerous. geez, i just wanted to have some time together with Sonic and his brother. why is it always like this?

my patient ran out. i teleported behind the two criminals and smack their necks in one hit before they both fell unconscious to the ground. i carried the girl hostage to her friends and then back to carry Chibi in my hand. at that moment i saw Sonic crying.

Sonic took Chibi from my hands and pull him for a hug.

"Chibi! i'm so glad you're okay! i'd never forgive myself if you were gone!"

i smiled at them. while waiting for Sonic to calm himself down i decided to call the police to take those two criminals out of here. they were still unconscious when the polices arrived. i really did hit the back of their neck pretty hard.

"Sonic it's time to treat his wounds" i said calmly.

"y-you're right, let's go" he said as we head off to the nearest hospital.

after almost an hour the doctor told us that Chibi was fine. he had a slight brain concussion from the lost of blood and the explosion but they said he's going to be fully recovered tomorrow. we both went inside the room and saw him awake with bandages wrapped around his head.

"Chibi i'm so glad you're okay! i don't think i can handle myself if i lose you"

Sonic approached his bed and gave him a light hug. i went to stand behind Sonic then i saw him staring at me. Sonic let go of him and hold his hand.

"are you feeling okay? do you need me to get you something?"

Chibi sighed then shook his head off. it made Sonic felt a little sad but i guess he tried his best to keep smiling. then Chibi stared at me again. is there something he wants to say? it seems like he's trying to tell me something.

"brother..." he spoke.

"yes?"

"i have a confession to make...i actually hate Shadow..."

ah so that's why he's been acting like that towards me, that makes sense a lot. i stare at Sonic and i saw his face turned sad.

"Chibi...why?"

"i just...i hate seeing you being so happy around him all the time instead of...being with me...i just hate it..." he said as he turn his face away, not wanting to face Sonic.

"Chibi i love you more than anything. i would never left you out. you're the most important hedgehog to me and i'll always be happy around you! i'm so sorry if i kept you feeling that way. oh- Shadow i'm sorry that you had to hear this" he said as he stare at me still looking sad.

"ah no it's fine, i understand" i smiled at him.

"but you know what? i might deserve that explosion because i just realize that i'm also annoying to you when you're with Shadow.."

"Chibi please don't say that!"

"i mean, i was annoying to that jerk face yet he saved me..."

"because i know you're really important to Sonic" as i said that he turn his head to look at me.

"i know just how important a sibling is...i know it very well. my sister died of sickness, and i don't want to see Sonic losing his brother so he wouldn't feel the pain that i felt"

Sonic's eyes started to water. i'm guessing he's holding his tears back, what a tough hedgehog. i think that's why i love him. he's always very brave at the very beginning.

"you...you lost your sister?" Chibi said and i nodded.

"but i learned to move on because i know it'll be pointless if i mourn for her death everyday. i just have to realize if i keep myself happy then she'd be happy too seeing me smiling"

Chibi kept staring at me. his expression shows either guilt or sorry. he sighed.

"fine...i will try my best to like you just because my brother already fell in love with you and i can't stop him. he looks really happy too when you're here and i don't want to see my brother getting all sad if you're gone"

Sonic started to blush hard.

"CHIBI- I NEVER- I DIDN'T- DO NOT- HHH!"

i pulled Sonic closer and kissed his cheek.

"that's okay you don't have to say anything"

and at that moment, i actually saw Chibi smiled at us. it was very rare.